Friday, April 10, 2009

Woo Hoo -- the stamps are in the store!

Gosh, this week flew by with all the Flourishes sneak peeks! We're sad the fun is over -- but happy to be able to share all three of the new sets in their full glory! Check out....

Sweet Violets

Swing Set
Vintage Wallpaper


While I love all three of the sets, my new favorite Flourishes set has to be Sweet Violets! I love the vibrant color of violets and their truly delicate feel! So, when I made THIS card, I knew I had to keep on going to finish off a set!

So, here it is!

I used the same Bo Bunny paper for all three cards in a deep plum color. One side is the dotted paper, the other side is just plain. The olive green is a decorative paper from Daisy D. These cards are really very simple in design! I cut out a few different size shapes from the Nestabilities Labels Two, stamped my Sweet Violets on top and then colored with Copic markers. I used RV19, V06,V09, and V15 on the flower and FYG2,YG06 and G07 with a touch of E33 on the leaves. Add some buttons, a decorative edge punch, some paper piercing and... that's pretty much it!

On this first card, I used black StazOn and actually stamped one of the sentiments from the set on the ribbon!
This second card, I used a bigger die cut shape, colored with Copics and then added the word "Sweet" from the set onto a tag sized piece to hang off the side of my image! Add the same ribbon, a decorative edge punch (Martha Stewart) and some buttons and... done!


Making cards into a set is something that I really don't do much of - but this one was fun because I actually used just two sheets of DP! Now, next time a friend has a birthday - I have a little set of cards to deliver!

Before I go, one last note! Flourishes is offering it's new release bundle again for all three of these new release sets! Buy all three and get 10% off! They have a second bundle too! Since the new Vintage Wallpaper is a perfect match to the previously released set Thinking of You - you can get all three new releases PLUS the Thinking of You set for 10% off!


Click HERE to head on over to the Flourishes store!

Happy Shopping! ;-)
Post a Comment