Thursday, September 17, 2009

Clean and Simple.... Stamp Simply!

Hi all and TGIF! This week the Stamp Simply Challenge courtesy of the fabulous Sharon Johnson (ssnotime105) is all about making it clean and simple! And... on top of that -- BIO -- black or brown ink only! So, keep it clean and keep your ink to either black or brown, which means, no coloring!

So, here's my take!
This card could not be easier to make. The image is from Impression Obsession and is called, Solid Florals. I just love the modern, yet classic look of these images. Perfect to just stamp in black and bling up! :-) And... that's exactly what I did! The paper is a mix of dp from my scrap drawer.The blue polka dot is Fancy Pants, but I am not sure what the black pattern is. Sorry! I need to find a way to identify scraps! :-) The silk ribbon is May Arts from Flourishes. I did score around the edges of my blue polka dot paper and then used a sanding block to help accent the score lines. The shape was done with the Labels 8 die. And that, my friends is it! Isn't it great when a fun image can just be stamped, layered up and done? I am so used to coloring all my images that just stamping and layering seemed almost strange! LOL!

Before you call it a day, be sure to check out the great creations from the rest of the Stamp Simply team!
Hope you make time for play time and join us with this challenge! You can check out all the details HERE over at Sharon's place! TGIF!!!

13 comments:

Janine said...

Just perfect for this challenge... Love that ribbon!!

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE that ribbon and your image is perfect!! GREAT job! Have a good one!!

Velta said...

Oh me oh my!!! you have the nack of really creating for this challenge!!! Vert Elegant!

The Rubber Maid said...

Very classy card yet CAS. Beautious. MOM

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! I LOVE that aqua blue paper with the brown and black... so striking and elegant with the beautiful silhouette flower! You rock, girl! :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh wow, Julie, this is GORGEOUS!!! Those colors are beautiful together. You sure rocked this challenge!!! WOW!! Hugs, Sabrina

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Would you look at that big and beautiful bow!! This is gorgeous, Julie!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very elegant and appealing Julie!

Bev J. said...

Looks like a great challenge card to me-very elegant looking. tfs

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Julie. Love the color combo and that stamp is gorgeous. Sanding your score lines was a great touch.

Shirley said...

It's amazing what life a single stamp in a single color can take! This is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Julie!!! Brown and blue are a favorite combination of mine and this one rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?