Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Hi all and Happy Turkey Day! Yesterday while the kiddos were at school, I took some time to whip up these turkey day cards for them. I want to write a little note inside to let them know that I am soooo very thankful they are in my life! They are both amazing kids and I'm pretty blessed.

Both of these cards are pretty easy peasy! I stamped this cutie patootie turkey in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics - E31, E33, E25, E27, R14, R27, Y17, YR14, E08,100 and a little C00, C01, C03 and B0000 for shading.

Card#1
For Card #1, I cut out my turkey with a Nesties Circle. While the shape was still on, I sponged some Antique Linen Distress Ink all around my turkey. I left the die on so that I could create that bit of white edge. Mat it on a shape cut with the Spellbinders Blossom Die. Then... mat the entire card up! My main card measures 4-1/4 by 4 and then I layered the circle so that it spilled over. The card will still fit in a standard size envie because I made sure the circle wasn't placed too high above my fold line. The sentiment is also from this fun little clear set called Happy Turkey Day from Impression Obsession. The papers are Basic Grey Porcelain, and 7 Gypsies Nottinghill. The buttons were some I grabbed from the ole button jar.
Card #2
For Card #2, the only difference is really the paper. I ran some Lasting Impressions Weathered Nutmeg paper through my Wizard with a Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and then sanded down the dots for a little something extra.The red paper is Weathered Barn also by Lasting Impressions and the strip is a paper from Prima. Add some May Arts twine and a button (Little Yellow Bus Epoxy Buttons)and... voila!

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and along with counting all those calories... can count your blessings too! :-)

See you back here soon!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great thanksgiving, your kids are very lucky to have a talented mum like you.....love the cards that the turkey image is so gorgeous....Hugs Avril xxxx

denise g. said...

Darling cards! Happy Thanksgiving!

The Rubber Maid said...

What and adorable turkey stamp! Such cute cards for Cal & Ellie. Love them and I'm sending you all hugs and kisses. You will all be with me today in spirit as will Dad. Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Birthday to Ken, Hugs, Mom

Curt in Indy said...

These are such great cards, Julie! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Best, Curt

Janine said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Eat lots!! Love ya!
Janine

lisa808 said...

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Adorable cards.

Shirley said...

Taking a quick look around before dinner and what do I see but your beautiful Thanksgiving cards. A very Happy Safe Thanksgiving weekend to your and yours.

Ida said...

Totally adorable cards. - Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

ChristineCreations said...

These are awesome Julie! Fantasticly colored too. And what a sweet mom present to the kids. They're pretty blessed to have you too!

Jenny Gropp said...

AWWWWW, what a cute turkey!!!! Well done - so beautifully colored too!