Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just Shake It!

It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge and this one is all about shaking it.... with IO's new Shaker Card pouches! These little plastic forms are ingenious! I have made many a shaker card in my day but NONE was as easy as this one!!!


If you are curious at all how these little forms work -- you can see them HERE. Or, if you want the measurements for all of the openings for the shakers, you'll find that HERE.They are really fun and super duper easy! Along the lip of the shaker form, there is an adhesive strip - so that you can set your shaker material down on your colored image and then, remove the adhesive backing, set it down and... bam! Done!

I used a circle cutter for my hole but you can use a 3" circle punch for this particular pouch. The stamps I used were the Skating Snowman by Sarah Phelps and Snowflakes, also from Sarah Phelps. I stamped the snowflakes in a light blue, the snowman was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic Markers - I used B00 and B0000 for the snowman and the snowman's jacket. I used R24, R27, R29 for the red in my hat, scarf, mittens and pocket. and then I used RV000 for the rosy cheeks. Add some Crystal Stickles to the fluff on the hat and jacket and you are almost done! The sparkly snow was actually found at Michaels and is called fake snow!

Here's a closeup! The rest is just matting! I used my circle cutter to cut a hole in a red piece of paper and then used the Classic Scalloped Circles Nestabilities. Add some stitching and a punched snowflake and..... voila!
So, now to the challenge! Creating a shaker card with IO stamps is all you have to do to be in the running for a $25 gift card from Impression Obsession! You can click HERE for all the official details! In the meantime, be sure to hop on over to the rest of the IO DT to see what fun they shook up! :-)

ShirleyKathy
Dina
Kelli
Laura
Jenny
Deborah


Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!

14 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Adorable card, Julie!!

Nancy Jensen said...

I love your shaker card! It really does look so much easier than the old fashioned way of making them.

slbt17 said...

very cute!
Sandra

The Rubber Maid said...

What a cute little guy and that's an awesome way to make a shaker card with a dome to hold the flakes. Sweet! Mom

Barbara said...

So cute, Julie!!!!

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS colour scheme too!! YUM!!

Laura said...

So stinkin' cute!

Sabrina Jackson said...

This is such a sweet little shaker card, Julie!!! I have never made one because I did not like the fact that I had to pop everything up with pop dots and the glitter or flakes getting stuck everywhere. I think I'll have to get some of these little pouches. Thanks for sharing. Hus, Sabrina

Shirley said...

How perfect-ly cute as always. I love how you did the BG for him and the colors are so bright and cheerful too!

Jenny Gropp said...

Cute stuff, Julie! hmmm -- fake snow -- will have to get me some of that! Perfect for the Winter themed shakers!!!

Darlene said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the image and in a shaker card is even better! You are just the craftiest gal I know in Montana!! Happy Day my friend!

Connie M. said...

Oh my Julie!! How adorable is this card!! Love the wonderful light blue and red mixture...perfect colors for a winter card!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Julie, this is adorable!!!

Cherie Bell said...

Very beautiful card and I wanted to let everyone know that if you can't get the fake snow for the shaker part where you live or if it's too expensive you can use epsom salt for the snow.