Monday, November 16, 2009

The Naughty... or Nice List!

Hi all! I don't know about you, but when Thankgiving hits and those after Thanksgiving Day sales flyers start to come out, my purse becomes an absolute mess! I am talking stuffed pockets with snipets of this flyer or that. They look "Sharpied" to death with who might want what scribbled all over them.

In an effort to simplify, I spotted this fun little accordian folder in the dollar bin at Michael's and immediately thought... HEY, this could work!

I thought that it would be fun to alter this and keep all my little Christmas ideas inside. It's funny, when I was working on this project, I tried to keep it low key so my kids would have no clue what I was making. Afterall, it might be disasterous if they knew where I keep my secrets!!! LOL!

So, with some fun Christmas paper and a great stamp set - Christmas Borders from Flourishes - I let the paper fly! And, this is what I came up with!
I didn't go overboard on decking it out because, let's face it, it will be in my mess of a purse and it will likely look like it's been through a war once the holidays are over with. But, in the meantime, it will be a perky and fun way to organize my ideas! You can see I have some index cards that I stamped the borders along the side in shades of red and green. Each person I want to buy for will have a card. Kids lists will go on there and then, those ideas will go in their folder in the file!

I absolutely love this new Christmas Borders set - it's too fun and could be used for so many different projects. Can't you just see Christmas tags with this set? I stamped the packages in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them up with copics. I used Flesh Tones 2, Fields, Spring Greens, Poppy and the Dahlia collections from Flourishes. You can see all the collections HERE.

And, here's now my cards fit inside! Love this! So, with my new gift idea organizer in hand, I say... bring on Black Friday! I can take it! And, maybe my purse won't be such a mess! Snipped pieces of paper won't fall out every time I try to write a check at the grocery store! YIPPEE! Hey... it's a start right?

Hope you're having a great week! I'll see you back here soon!

9 comments:

Robbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbie said...

You made this little coupon book so cute! I probably would have kept looking until I found one I liked "as is". Now, get out there and shop, shop, shop! Time is running out ...

Nancy Jensen said...

What a great idea! I lose track of what I've purchased for each kid (we have 4!) and other gifts. This could be a cool way to keep track of that info too. I love the way you decorated it and I'm going to HAVE to get that stamp set. I just love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I didn't get a chance to put the deets about my last card on my blog but I'll try to get back to that sometime... soon? lol

TFS!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is so cute and what a great idea to organize for your gifts. Love what you did to it. Mom

Janine said...

What a fabulous makeover!! Let me know how shopping goes on Black Friday!!

Connie M. said...

Oh what a great idea, Julie!! So much better then just a yucky old list that I use...LOL!! Have fun on black Friday!! :)

Traci M said...

Super cute, mine is in a clear baggie...and I have a cute coupon book I keep forgetting about. I love this with your borders!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love it! What a darling idea! I can't believe you found time to stamp. You're pretty amazing, Julie!

Darlene said...

WOW, how cool is this! Your decorating is awesome ... just love this!!