Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stamp Simply -- All Wrapped Up!

Hi all! This week for our Stamp Simply challenge we're getting all wrapped up in the Christmas season! Since Christmas is just around the corner and many use the Thanksgiving weekend to get a head start on wrapping their gifts, Sharon challenged us all to share some of our gift wrapping ideas!

I absolutely love using bags to "wrap" my gifts. Why? Because you don't have to wrap! ;-) I am an awful gift wrapper. What's funny is -I was trained to be a professional gift wrapper at a department store while I was in high school. I never made it.

So, what I do now instead is, I buy bags! When I see a cute one, I pick it up knowing I can deck it out with a fun tag or some fabulous ribbon! The dollar store seems to be the place where I find a lot of them. And... it's even better when you have a stamp to match a bag you find!

See?

Look at this fun bag I picked up! It just is a perfect match to the Christmas Borders set! I colored up the candy using the Poppy, Spring Greens, Daffodil, Meadow and Holly Copic collections packaged up by Flourishes. I did use the lightest shade too from the Dahlia collection. Use some Distress inks in Tea Dye and Antique Linen to antique it. Add fun Christmas ribbon and some stitching and you're almost done....
I added some faux sugar (it's a chunk glitter that is actually called faux snow -- but looks more like sugar!) to my gum drops! The "dots" of antique ink were created by a really old stamp that is just that... dots! Sometimes I turn to it to just create some extra "texture" on my image.

Here's a peek at the entire tag.....

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I like to deck out my holiday packages! For those packages that "have" to be wrapped, I love getting a simple silver or gold wrapping and letting my ribbon and tags do the talking! I am glad I have some tags ready in my holiday gift wrapping arsenal -- ready to go for Black Friday! :-)

Want some more inspiration? Check out the Stamp Simply teams fun wrapping ideas!

Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
BarbBethany


Also, this week over on the Flourishes Newsletter, I created five other tag designs that are fun! You can click HERE to see and don't forget to visit the other members of Flourishes' fine and fabulous DT!!! Latisha, Christine, Laura, Stacy, and Leslie! Cindy is taking the week off!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!
Post a Comment