Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stamp Simply -- All Wrapped Up!

Hi all! This week for our Stamp Simply challenge we're getting all wrapped up in the Christmas season! Since Christmas is just around the corner and many use the Thanksgiving weekend to get a head start on wrapping their gifts, Sharon challenged us all to share some of our gift wrapping ideas!

I absolutely love using bags to "wrap" my gifts. Why? Because you don't have to wrap! ;-) I am an awful gift wrapper. What's funny is -I was trained to be a professional gift wrapper at a department store while I was in high school. I never made it.

So, what I do now instead is, I buy bags! When I see a cute one, I pick it up knowing I can deck it out with a fun tag or some fabulous ribbon! The dollar store seems to be the place where I find a lot of them. And... it's even better when you have a stamp to match a bag you find!

See?

Look at this fun bag I picked up! It just is a perfect match to the Christmas Borders set! I colored up the candy using the Poppy, Spring Greens, Daffodil, Meadow and Holly Copic collections packaged up by Flourishes. I did use the lightest shade too from the Dahlia collection. Use some Distress inks in Tea Dye and Antique Linen to antique it. Add fun Christmas ribbon and some stitching and you're almost done....
I added some faux sugar (it's a chunk glitter that is actually called faux snow -- but looks more like sugar!) to my gum drops! The "dots" of antique ink were created by a really old stamp that is just that... dots! Sometimes I turn to it to just create some extra "texture" on my image.

Here's a peek at the entire tag.....

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I like to deck out my holiday packages! For those packages that "have" to be wrapped, I love getting a simple silver or gold wrapping and letting my ribbon and tags do the talking! I am glad I have some tags ready in my holiday gift wrapping arsenal -- ready to go for Black Friday! :-)

Want some more inspiration? Check out the Stamp Simply teams fun wrapping ideas!

Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
BarbBethany


Also, this week over on the Flourishes Newsletter, I created five other tag designs that are fun! You can click HERE to see and don't forget to visit the other members of Flourishes' fine and fabulous DT!!! Latisha, Christine, Laura, Stacy, and Leslie! Cindy is taking the week off!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!

22 comments:

slbt17 said...

well you have impressed me today!
Love it!
Sandra

Jennifer Buck said...

Cute stuff, Julie! This is absolutely beautiful! I hope all is well with you! Miss you girly! :) Big hugs!

NancyK said...

Julie - thanks for the tag inspiration! I love how you found a bag that looks like the border stamp - so cute!

denise g. said...

Too Cute! Love it! You put as much or more work into bagging your gifts as I do wrapping mine. Yep, I love to wrap!!! What fun is it for the kiddos if they don't have to tear off layer after layer of paper on box inside of box? Oh, yeah ~ gotta keep the nephews out of mischief for as long as I can and start with a big box and go smaller and smaller. Hey, how much coffee you needin' today after your wild & Lovely night in the New Moon?? Have a FANTABULOUS Day, Sweetie!

The Rubber Maid said...

Who are you kidding here DD..you wrap the most BEAUTIFUL packages one could ever wish for. I hate to unwrap them as they are a work of art but this bag is too cute for words. I'm thinking the tag could be used for a book mark. And by the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dearest daughter. Wish we could share a cup of coffee this p.m. Love you so much, Mom

Janine said...

Hi sweetie!! Love your project today... Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fabulous way to "wrap things up!"

Velta said...

Lovely Girl!! Your mom is right on this would make a beautiful book mark...Happy Birthday to you also...

Bethany Paull said...

Wow! What a cool gift tag. Makes the packaging so personal. And the sugared gum drops are just yummy.

Barbara said...

Just too cute, Julie!!! That bag is perfect!!! What a lucky find!

Barbara said...

Just too cute, Julie!!! That bag is perfect!!! What a lucky find!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, chickie!

ChristineCreations said...

I had to laugh at what you said about your job as a wrapper...and what your mom commented :)

LOVE that chunky glitter on the gum drops yummy! Beautifully wrapped designs Julie!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a perfect match! Your tag is gorgeous and I love all the little details!

Ida said...

Wow what an awesome tag and even more so by the fact it really does match the bag you found. So pretty and I love the chunky glitter on the gum drops.

Carol L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JULIEEEEEEEEEEE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU!!!
(and many mooooooooore!!!!!)
Uh, I gave it my best shot, but I'm no Barbra Streisand, KWIM? LOL
I followed the bizarre trail of numbers from your Mom's blog to come wish you a happy birthday! Who cares about numbers anyway? You're as young as you feel! I hope it's a great one for you and that you do something special for yourself!
Your bag is lovely BTW! What a thrifty and beautiful way to present a gift!!
ok, I'm off to my next singing lesson now *snort*

Leslie Miller said...

I can hardly believe how perfect your bag and tag are together! As though they were made for each other. I love the look! It's your birthday? Someday I'll get on top of these things. Happy birthday to you!

Stacy Morgan said...

Your tags are FABULOUS... Oh I love all the ones over on the blog... Just beautiful girlie!

Latisha said...

this is so pretty!!
not to mention ALL of those beautiful tags!!
hugs
latisha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julie! Hope dinner was delightful, tasty, and a massively lovely family treat! Primed for pre-Black Friday? ads say goodies galore coming as did Herberg on local news. You go girl! Keep Looking UP!

Jenny Gropp said...

Perfect custom tag to match your bag!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Totally darling, Julie! I love it!!!