Monday, November 23, 2009

You Warm My Heart....

Hi all! Happy Monday! Hope you had a fabulous weekend. I actually got a little time to just stamp for no reason! I think that's the best when you can walk in to your craft space and not have any real motive - just pick up a stamp and go with it! ;-) I got my hands on this fun Snowman Marshmallow Mug recently and had been itching to ink it up!


Isn't that stamp the cutest thing? I inked it up twice - once in a light blue Memento ink and the second time in a Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I colored it with Copics and only used a few colors - RV00 for the rosy cheeks, BG0000 to edge my snow guy, and then some blues - BG10, B21 and B24. The cocoa was colored by E31 and E25. The marshmallows were just given a bit of color with the help of YR0000. Now you might wonder why I inked and stamped twice? Well, the snowman is actually paper pieced. I wanted him to stand out but I wanted my cup (in blue) to be real soft looking. I also paper pieced the snow man's hat by stamping just the hat portion onto some blue decorative paper (Stampin Up). The marshmallows and cocoa were also paper pieced. You can also see, I used the same light blue to sponge some color around my mug. After I was done assembling, I added some Crystal and Diamond Stickles to my snowflakes and marshmallows.

See?

The rest is just matting it up! I added a strip of decorative paper edged with a Martha Stewart Snowflake Border Punch and added a bit of silver stitching. Using Adirondack Stonewashed ink, I added the You Warm My Heart sentiment!

Well my friends, that's it for today! Hope you have a great start to your week and I'll see you back here soon! Hope my American friends are getting excited for turkey day! I love this day -- full of wonderful family times!

13 comments:

Joan B said...

Beautiful and stamping with two colors was inspired!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a cute image and I love the soft blue tones you used to create with. Adorable! Mom

Stacy Morgan said...

Way CUTE... Oh that snowman on the cup is darling and I love the blues you used. Just adorable.

Janine said...

Very sweet Julie!! Have a great week too.

Leslie Miller said...

There you go! That's a great idea to piece the mug, and it turned out SO beautiful! So twinkly, snowy, soft and wintery, but warm and chocolatey inside. It is so fun to stamp for no reason at all, I completely agree!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, your card is just adorable. Your coloring just makes it look so real. Beautiful!!
Joan

Sabrina Jackson said...

Julie, this is such a sweet card!!! I Love the coloring and that little ouch of sparkle....just perfect!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Sabrina Jackson said...

Sorry, in the above post it is supposed to read TOUCH of sparkle...my fingers are not working this morning ;D. Sorry!

SandyK said...

Darling card and your colors are perfect.

Karen W said...

Darling card is right, this is adorable!

Anonymous said...

what a sweet card Julie! Love that you used the blue. I have not been able to link to your site for awhile because everytime I tried my computer would freeze! It is all better now so it is nice to come back.

Dru said...

This is just the sweetest little image and I love what you did with it - and of course the bling! Great card!

Merry said...

Very nice...I love the way you paper pieced the snowman