Friday, March 19, 2010

It's an Easter Parade!

With Easter fast approaching, the gals at Flourishes thought we’d have a little ‘Easter Parade’ to showcase some fun creations perfect for this time of year.

So, without further ado, I picked up Flourishes very first Easter set for my creation-- Easter Bunnies -- isn't this little chick and bunny super duper sweet?

I decided to make my card a 4-1/4 by 4-1/4" shape and used some Spellbinders Nestabilities to give the front of my card a little bit of a pop - I used the Oval, Scalloped Oval and Labels 1. Add a punched border and -- almost done! I did use the Basket Weave Background on the Labels 1 shape to give it that Easter Basket feel! After stamping on Flourishes Classic White, I colored with Copics, using the Flesh Tones 1 (plus E53) Dahlia, Daffodil, and Tigerlily collections. Add a sheer polka dot ribbon, a button and some glitter glue and.... done!

Here's a close up to show the sparkle! Oh, I almost forgot, I did add a dot of white from the Inkssentials pen for both the chick and bunny's eyes.
If you like the Easter Bunnies set, you should know.... it's on it's way to retirement. It's being offered right now at 40% off! So hop on down the bunny trail and take a peek at our Easter offerings!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Danielle Kennedy

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday... have a good weekend! Today is my baby boy's 13th birthday! Holy cow! Do you ever wonder why time has to go by so fast? Don't worry, I'll eat a piece of cake for you!! :-)
See you back here soon!

Post a Comment