Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flourishes Celebration Day 2!!!

Welcome to day 2 of the Grand Opening Celebration for Flourishes! It's a celebration for their new home on the web! Today's challenge actually gives you TWO chances to win!

FLOURISHES DAY 2 CHALLENGE:
Today, the Friends of Flourishes Team is challenging you all to get in the spirit and create a card full of celebration. Simply create and link up here on this post and you’ll be in the running for a goody bag from Flourishes (a mix of embellishments, paper and a stamp set)! Just click on over to the Flourishes blog for all the details!

For my creation, I wanted to do an easy peasy 10 minute card. I love when you can make a card that has pizazz but it doesn't take all evening to make! :-)

Here's how easy it is! I took a piece of red card stock, cut it to measure 5-1/4" by 4" and then cut that in half. The top half went in my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and the bottom I stamped with the Lace Edges set. Add a fun silver edge ribbon, a fancy tag, some rhinestones, and a Tag Lines sentiment and... you're almost done! I simply matted this up onto some silver paper and then again on my black card stock base. Done! Now I have a super simple Congrats! card to add to my stash!

I did use a Stampin' Up oval punch to create the center oval. Here's a close up!
Want to see how the rest of the DT and Friends of Flourishes team is helping Flourishes celebrate? Head on over and see.....

Cindy H.
Barb
Dee
Cindy L.
Betty
Silke
Stacy
Christine
Dawn
Leslie

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you can join us in some of the celebration fun! I'll be back tomorrow with another challenge AND a sneak peak at a brand new set that will soon be available at Flourishes!

14 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL CAS CARD - Julie!!! The colors are very striking!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Rich and fabulous, Julie! Love the touches of bling! Lovely card!

Cindy Haffner said...

So ELEGANT Julie.

Dawn B. said...

I love that die.. I want that die.. I really like the way you used it on this card. These colors are so pretty together Julie.. I think this is beautiful.. Great job...

Unknown said...

Julie, I love this simple & elegant card!! The blings from the rhinestone & ribbon are very pretty!

Barbara said...

JULIE!!!! I adore how you've used that lace!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS card, girlie!

ChristineCreations said...

oooo that silver edged ribbon makes it look like jewelry! Lovely Julie!

Anonymous said...

Love those lace borders! This is a beautiful card and really pops.

Janine said...

Just beautiful Julie!! Hope all is well with you.. I am off to give blood and then do groceries.
Yahoo!!
Take care sweetie!!

Yogi said...

love your card. so very elegant. Nice color combo

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is very elegant! I love how you stamped the lace. Just gorgeous.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh wow...I love how dramatic this card is...so very classy!

Bev J. said...

The Lace Edges makes a classy card-very nice. tfs

Leslie Miller said...

This is a gorgeous card, Julie! The black on red is striking and dramatic. Love those Fancy Tags. I've never yet been able to get my hands on them, but I sure hope to someday!