Monday, November 8, 2010

Alleluia Angel

Hi all and Happy Monday! I have a fun little surprise for y'all today! It's a new take on an old favorite from Flourishes and it's being re-released today! So, without further ado, take a peek at...
I have to say, when I chose red for this card, I was definitely influenced by THIS beautiful card by Barbara Anders. While Barbara chose a distressed look, I just loved that angel in red! I also loved that she used the Christmas Music stamp set with this image. How perfect, right?

So, I chose some decorative paper (Webster's Pages), and stamped my angel using Cranberry Adirondack ink. Add a decorative strip, thanks to one of the decorative elements in the set, a little gold leaf pen, some bling, some pretty two-tone ribbon and... voila! Done! I will say, after I stamped the angel, I did go over the shaded parts with a Tombow Blender Pen to darken those areas and add a little more shading. See?
Now a little bit about the stamp set! This set, which is available now HERE, was one of Marcella Hawley's very first stamp sets - that angel is her fabulous handiwork! I should point out that the images in this set are a little smaller than the original -- but are still perfect for cards (The angel measures roughly 2-1/2 by 3"). This is a half set - meaning all of these images are in a 4 by 3" set, and retails for just $8. Love that!

The D.T. was super excited to see this angel re-released and couldn't wait to jump in and create some samples for today's big unveiling! So, be sure to stop by and pay a visit to.....

  • Christine Okken
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan

  • Wednesday the sneak peeks begin for Flourishes' November release! You won't want to miss a second of the fun! See you back here soon!

    Post a Comment