Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ready for a little sneak?

If you are like me and are desperate for a dose of spring, stay tuned! It's time for Flourishes' March Sneak Peeks and this first set features a beautiful flower that just screams for spring!

Introducing....

This gorgeous flower comes in all shades of the rainbow - from brilliant white to vibrant purple -- making it a coloring dream! These blooms penned by Marcella Hawley not only feature a cluster of blossoms but fresh cut stems in a vase. Don't forget a handful of beautifully scripted sentiments that are perfect for a variety of occassions! Would you like to win this set? Simply leave us a comment here on this post and Flourishes will announce the winner Saturday.

On to my creation!
I honestly had no idea where I was going with this card. I started to color it in varying degrees of pinks after seeing this photo below when I searched online looking for Lenten Rose inspiration!

These blossoms above look more purple but golly, you know me and my love of pink ---  so I took a little creative license. From what I've been told - they come in rose/pink shades too! :-) After stamping my image on Flourishes Classic White Card Stock, I colored up my image with Copic Markers (Copic Shades: RV32, RV34, RV02, RV00, YG00, YG03, YG03), and then I did add a little bit of Flower Soft to the centers using Soft Lemon. After I was done coloring, I ended up cutting out half my image to form a corner. Mat it up using foam tape on a panel of white that had been embossed with a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and sponged with Spun Sugar Distress Ink to reveal the dots on the embossed panel. Add a Spellbinders Ribbon Trio tag with one of the sentiments, and mat that all up onto some BasicGrey Olivia paper with some coordinating buttons and .... VOILA!

Here's a closeup!
I have to say, just when you think you've seen the most beautiful flower come out of Marcella Hawley's creative closet, you have to do yet another double take at her newest release. I think this floral is a BEAUTY!

OTHER FLOURISHES FUN THIS WEEK!

  • Flourishes’ A Cut Above the Rest Challenge is in full swing! You could win Flourishes’ ENTIRE March release! Check it out HERE.
  • Join our DT with some chatter, fun, games and prizes! Our Power Hour Release Party starts tomorrow night, March 17th at 9 PM Central time! You’ll find the party at the Flourishes’ Member Company Forum on SCS! And… after the party, you can check out the new sets live in the Flourishes store!
  • Save a BUNDLE with Flourishes new release bundle! Purchase the entire release for 10% off! You can check it out HERE!
  • Would you like to get your hands on our new sets NOW? Pre-order them HERE!
Now be sure to hop on over and see all the beautiful creations our design team and design guests whipped up using our breathtaking new set Lenten Rose...

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Jan Marie Caruso

Tomorrow’s set also pays tribute to the kick off of Spring! If it is still snowing or chilly where you live, this set is bound to warm your heart and give you a dose of Spring Fever! See you back here tomorrow!

Post a Comment