Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun little Easter Project!

Hi all and Happy Thursday! I have a fun little project to share today! It was one that was featured over on the Impression Obsession blog that I decided I would re-post here.

It's a cute little treat box just in time for Easter using some of Alesa Baker’s newest stamps and a few sheets of decorative paper. Let's get started! Here's a peek at what the finished box looks like.....

I used this darling chocolate bunny atop a cupcake called Happy Wishes, and colored it up with Copic Markers. Here’s how I created the box: the lid was created by taking a 6-1/2” square and scoring it 1” all the way around; the base was created by taking a 8-1/4” paper and scoring it 2” all the way around. Create the box flaps with the help of some scissors, and tape them down to create your box and lid. From there, Deck out your box with some crochet lace. Inside, you’ll find chocolate eggs and a fun, flag style sentiment perfect for Easter (stamp is called Multiplied Blessings). And, here's a peek at what the inside looks like!




I added some Easter Basket grass so that the fun foiled chocolate eggs could just sit there like they are in a nest....
Here's a closer look at the top. The scalloped circle was created using Spellbinders Eyelet Nestabilities and a Spellbinders Classic circle (with the help of my Grand Calibur machine!) that I had embossed with an embossing folder. After I layered it up, I added a fun little 1/8" stitched ribbon and attached my bunny thanks to some foam tape.


I have to say, these are super easy to whip up and dozens could be created in just an afternoon (especially if you have an extra set of hands to help assemble!)

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all back here soon. :-)


6 comments:

Janine said...

Love it!!! How are things with you???

Pattie said...

Oh my - it's so sweet! I just love the colors and the adorable bunny!

Emily Keaton said...

What a delightful project, Julie! Anything with chocolate has to be good, right?? Love this!

Diane said...

Such a sweet treat box for Easter!
TFS Julie!

Vintage Rose said...

I love these!!!!! Soooo cute.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this stamp! How sweet! The box is fabulous!