Thursday, August 25, 2011

Flourishes Birthday Bash!

Flourishes is celebrating BIG! Why? Just in case you are just now joining us ---- we're celebrating 4 fun-filled years! Four years of creating fabulous stamps. Four years of developing such fabulous friendships with YOU -- our fans and customers! That's why we are lighting the candles on the cake and throwing a party like no other! The good news is -- even though it's our birthday - you could win one heck of a present yourself with some fabulous blog candy! Our designers have lit up the creativity with some fabulous birthday cards and they are involved in just one way that you can get your hands on a great bag of goodies!

HOW CAN YOU WIN? THERE ARE THREE WAYS!
  • Leave a comment on the Flourishes blog today
  • Leave a comment on the designers' posts that are on the hop today
  • Play in the Birthday Bash Challenge! You'll find the details on Flourishes blog today!
What do you win if you comment or play today? Take a peek!!!



That's right, you win a grab bag of stamp sets like the one above! Who wouldn't want to win all that polymer perfection?? What are you waiting for! Let's get hopping! Visit these fine designers for your chance to win!

On to my birthday creation! I have to say, I made this card a while back for a special someone who turned another year older back in July. If you don't know Sharon Doolittle -- you need to hop on over to her blog and say "hey" - she is just about the sweetest lady around and I am soooooo happy to be able to call her friend!
    I used my new favorite set, Bee My Honey, along with the fabulous background stamp - Honeycomb and just opted for an all yellow with a hint of black layout. The layout is actually quite simple! I stamped the honeycomb on a piece of Flourishes Classic White using Dandelion Memento ink. Stamp my sentiment in the corner, add some stitching, black ribbon and some black rhinestones and the rest is my image - I stamped my little honey pot on Classic White and then colored using Copics - I picked up the Sunflower, Flesh Tones 2 and Poppy collections and then added some glitz to the heart on top with the help of some glitter glue! The shapes were cut using Spellbinders Standard Circles and the Blossom Nestabilities dies (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur machine!) Want to see a close up? As you can see, I did add some paper piercing too!
    And that, my friends, is it! I will say, in honor of Flourishes big day -- I'm offering some blog candy of my own!!! Want to see?
    WHAT'S INSIDE? Flourishes Apple of My Eye, Sunflowers, Motherly Love, Gerbera Daisy, Falling Leaves, and Honeycomb sets! 3 yards of red satin pleat ribbon, BasicGrey Indian Summer paper, 7 gypsies Market paper, Prima Fairy Flora paper, Say It With Pearls embellishments, and Impression Obession Butterfly Dream cling stamp. This prize is valued at roughly $100!!  WOOO HOOOO!!! I celebrated my 4 year blogoversary in May and never really celebrated so I thought I'd do it now! ;-)
    TO WIN: all you need to do is leave a comment on this post and next Friday -- I'll not only unveil another big batch of blog candy, but I'll announce the winner for this drawing as well!
    So, be sure to leave a comment and then hop on over to see what my fellow Flourishes DT teammates whipped up this week to celebrate!
  • Barbara Anders
  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Julie Koerber
If you want to play in the Birthday Bash Challenge, remember you have to link up HERE on Flourishes Thursday's inlinkz widget! Can't wait to see all the fabulous things you create!
Post a Comment