Thursday, August 4, 2011

Orange you glad....

... it's time for a new Impression Obsession challenge? So sorry, I couldn't resist that one. It's the kid in me, I swear!

Well, if you can't tell, the challenge today for IO is to use the color... ORANGE! And, with the fall line up hot off the IO press, I had so many fun images to pick from that involved pumpkins! So, that's what I did!

When I first laid eyes on this stamp from Alesa Baker, I thought -- How incredibly charming. Doesn't it just make you want to visit this country charm home that has such beautiful pumpkins sitting to welcome you? The stamp is F8615 Fall Serenity and, you can see it and others in the new Fall/Winter catalog HERE! The sentiment is actually an older stamp called Every Season. You can't really tell because I didn't showcase this stamp fully, but on my orange decorative mat, I did stamp THIS Cover-A-Card background called Kaleidascope --just to add a little extra pattern.


The mechanics of the card are actually rather simple! I stamped, colored with Copic markers (YR04,YR07, YR09, E97, E08, B000, Y21, Y23, YG00, YG03), mat it up with some decorative paper (a mix of BasicGrey and K & Co.), add some crocheted lace, some paper piercing and a fun vintage brad (Stampin' Up) and... voila!


Want to know more about this fun challenge that could have you walking away with a $25 gift certificate to the IO store? Click HERE!

And, be sure to check out what the rest of the IO team whipped up!

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kathy Menzies
Jenny Gropp

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see y'all back here soon! ;-)
~Julie

4 comments:

stampqueen said...

Great card - love that stamp, I feel like movin the pumpkin and sitting down :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful. I love the pumpkins!

Cindy said...

Cute card. Love that lace you used!

Shannon White said...

Love this new stamp Miss Julie, and you have colored it up so Beautifully! Fall is my all time Favorite season and I am so ready for the cooler temps that go with it. And your card brings out the perfect feeling of fall! Love it! 8-)

Hope you are having a Fabulous week!

Hugs
Shannon