Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Flourishes Sneaks: Day 2!

Hi all! I have a little Flourishes fun this week for you all! It’s that time when they showcase their latest stamp sets. It’s their August release! Today’s offering is one set that will truly deliver a summer feel—all year long!

Here’s a peek...



This set, penned by Marcella Hawley features one big and beautiful Hollyhock plant that you could use not only as a focal point on your card but it’s also big enough to create backgrounds as well. Use a portion of the stamp or all of it in its full glory! In this set, you’ll also find four lovely sentiments plus one word accent.

On to my creation!
I have to say, when I stamped this hollyhock, I knew I would have a blast coloring it up! And, my inspiration was just around the corner -- literally! Here's a pic!This plant is just behind my neighbor's house down the carriage lane. I loved it because it isn't the color I am used to seeing -- so-- I grabbed my markers and started coloring! I used my Copic markers and grabbed the Spring Greens and Dahlia collections grouped by Flourishes. When I was done, I did use markers B000 and B0000 to highlight around my image. And you can see, I also stamped, colored, cut and popped some of the flowers up for a little extra pop! You can't tell but, I also added some glitz to the centers of the flowers with a little glitter glue!



After I was done coloring - I did cut and mat it up using a Spellbinders Labels Eight (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur). My card base is a little different - It's actually a 4-1/4" square with my image spilling over the top of the card. Add a beautiful silk ribbon and decorative punched border and... voila! Done!

Here's a close up!

Want to win this beautiful set? Well, here’s how! Can you guess…..

That’s right -- one of the Flourishes designers on the link list below is the Mystery Blogger! So, you’ll want to leave comments on all of their blogs. Why? Because one of them will be choosing one lucky comment on today’s post and that commenter will win this set!

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Maki Jones
Tammy Hershberger

OTHER WAYS TO WIN!
Do you love a good challenge? If so, you’ll have to tune in to the Flourishes blog at noon for one of their special Noon Time Challenges! This one promises to be great fun and if you play along, you could win Flourishes ENTIRE AUGUST RELEASE!

Did you check out the Shades of Sunset Challenge yet? You could also win their release that way too! Click HERE for all the details!

WHEN CAN YOU SHOP?
You might ask, when can we get our hands on these new sets? They will be ready for the taking--- first thing Friday morning! Can’t wait? Well, if you like what you see on the designers’ blogs and want to pre-order the sets, you’re in luck – you can! Just click HERE to visit Flourishes' “Shopping” page! (I know, I am an enabler!!)

Tomorrow’s set is one for those who love to savor the flavors of life! Yep, that was your hint – so be sure to check back! Oh, and if you missed Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, you should check it out HERE! The gals previewed Flourishes' new set Wild for Watermelon! It's a darling set that's perfect for summer!

Post a Comment