Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday To You!

Hello all! Hope your week is beautiful in your neck of the woods! Today, I have some really fun things to share! First of all, it's a festive Impression Obsession challenge and the goal is to shine the light on a very special operation -- Operation Write Home! That's right, it's OWH's birthday this month and to celebrate, the IO DT is helping bring attention to this great cause with a birthday challenge of our own! Grab your Impression Obsession stamps to create a b-day card and YOU could win $25 to the IO store! What fun! You can read up on this challenge HERE!

On to my creation!
I used one of my all time FAVORITE stamps -- Climbing Rose-- This is just such a lovely image and your card doesn't need a ton of "extras" to make it SING! I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copic markers (R81, R83, R85, G40, G82, G85, BG000 and BG0000). And, after it was all done and matted, I added the sentiment at the top and if you can see below, some bling on the little heart tag thanks to a mini rhinestone.

I have to say that to create my long and lean birthday card was inspired by this sketch....

It's just one of 10 new sketches just released by CardMaps that you can find HERE! I loved the clean simplicity of this sketch and using the image I did, I thought this sketch was perfect!

Before I go.... Want to read more about Operation Write Home's Birthday Bash? Just click HERE! Think about it. We all make cards because we enjoy the crafty process. Imagine your card traveling to our troops so that they can send some of your handmade love HOME! Not to mention, in just three short months, OWH spends more than $13,000 in shipping. If you can't donate a card, why not donate a few bucks to help them ship the creations? It's such a fabulous cause.

Be sure to stop by some of my fellow IO DT members to see what kind of birthday creation they whipped up to help OWH celebrate!




  • Daniela Dobson
  • Dina Kowal
  • Jeanne Streiff
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Laura Fulcher


  • Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you all back here real soon! :-)
    ~Julie
    Post a Comment