Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unity/Scor-Pal Blog Hop!


Hi all and welcome to a very fun-filled Unity Stamp Company and Scor-Pal Blog Hop! These two teams have come together to show you what a perfect pair Unity Stamp Company stamps and Scor-Pal products are! Wait until you see all the fun and inspiring projects on this hop! 

Oh... and there are prizes too! Be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the blogs on today's Blog Hop because two lucky folks will win not only a Scor-Pal but 10 Unity Itty Bitty stamps of their choice! Winners will be picked from ALL the comments so... the more you comment, the more chances you have to win! Winners will be picked and announced this Thursday, September 15th on both the Unity Stamp Company blog and the Scor-Pal blog!

If you arrived here from Natalie Dever's blog.. you're on the right track! If I'm your first stop, you'll want to go back to the Unity Stamp Co. blog to start from the very beginning!

On to my creation! I have to admit right here, this was a project one of my stamping buds,Sheila, showed me recently. I thought it was just too darling and immediately wanted to go home and recreate it! Here's a peek!

When I got Unity's stamp set Best Wishes and Blooms, I knew it would be fun to create these mini candy bar pockets using the different flowers and then picking complimentary colors. So, here's how it all began! I took my Grand Calibur Machine and grabbed the smallest circle in Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles Nestabilities Dies.  I cut, embossed and while I was running my shapes through,I also ran a small pennant from the Nested Lacey Pennants Die set for my little "Hello" sentiment flag. 

Then, I grabbed my Scor-Pal and started the scoring fun. I lined up the center of my scalloped shape on the center arrow and then scored on the 2-1/4" and 2-1/2" lines and then on the other side on the 5" and 5-1/4" lines.
 From here, line your score lines up so that the middle score lines on both sides line up with the 1" and 3-1/2" lines. It helps to line up a ruler with these lines to make sure that your score lines are perfectly perpendicular to the new score lines that you will soon create.
After you've lined up your scalloped circle, score at the 2-3/4" and 3" lines. Please excuse this photo below. The circle moved a bit after I scored. I just realized that -- so I'm sorry about that! ;-)
All of your score lines are valley folds, so fold all in and then, you will cut along the folds as shown below. This will help create your pocket.
 Using 1/4" Scor-Tape, tape to secure your flap to the upper portion of your pocket.
After stamping your flower, coloring and cutting it out, this is what it looks like unassembled.
And here's the first finished pocket....I used Copic Markers to color and picked up R35, R24, R30 for the flower and YG61, YG63, G40 for the leaves. Add some fun twine (in cappuchino color), a button and your sentiment flag and... done!
 Here's pocket two! I used the same color for my leaves but used the Sunflower collection grouped by Flourishes for my rose.
 Here's my third pocket. I used the same Copic colors as my first pocket to color it up.....
 And, here's the last one!
And that, my friends, is it! This project was super quick and I'm actually thinking about making these for my daughter's class for Halloween with, of course, a Halloween theme! 

Thanks for stopping by! You're next stop on the Unity/Scor-Pal Blog Hop is the fabulous....

Post a Comment