Thursday, May 24, 2012

Seize the Daisies!


Hello all... it's a Free for All Friday with a summer-like feel that's just as fresh as a daisy! Gerber Daisies that is! Just as the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers and at Flourishes -- we are watching the daisies sprout! Just take a trip to see all of our designers today and you're sure to be inspired as they show off their creations using our set Gerber Daisies! And, if you like what you see on their blogs, you should know that today and tomorrow only - you can add this set to your collection for 20% off! Just use the code DAISY at the time of check out!  

On to my creation... (I have a couple for you!) First one is one that actually was a mom's day creation that my dear mother got this year for her special day!


I used scraps frommy scrap bin for this creation and so I am so sorry, I can't tell you what these decorative papers are. I did stamp the Gerber Daisy on the blue decorative paper with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and using Copic Markers, colored them up slightly. I used these collections....


As for the doodads on the card, I used THIS fun May Arts green gingham ruffle, white cotton ribbon and THESE fun rhinestones from Prima. The sentiment is from the Motherly Love stamp set and was stamped on a piece of Flourishes Classic White that was die cut thanks to a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and matted on a shape cut and embossed thanks to a Beaded Circle Nestabilities Die.

For my second creation, I wanted to share a mom's day card that I did last year and was actually published as an online extra for Paper Creations Magazine. Here's a peek....

And for the instructions, all you need to do is click HERE for a full instruction sheet!

So what are you waiting for? Head on over and see these super talented ladies below to see all of their creations in their full glory!
  Thanks for stopping by! We hope you have a fun-filled, relaxing and crafty weekend ahead!


Pin It

12 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Two beauties this morning... love 'em Julie!

ChristineCreations said...

Both so beautifully unique Julie! I love how dreamy and soft the blues are...and I like how you used the sentiment in the layout as the focal point.

And the pub card looks like an antique photo...gorgeous!

Becky said...

Both of these are just fabulous! Love the colors.

dpkennedy said...

I love both cards, but oh Julie...the blue one is fabulous! I'd never have thought to stamp these flowers on pp! It's stunning!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh Julie, these are SO pretty! LOVE the colors on the first one especially with the gingham ruffle! Dang, I've had some of those gingham in various colors for a LONG time and never remember to use it!

stampqueen said...

Both cards are just stunning!!!!
Love the colors and DP's on both!!!

Amanda said...

Oh Julie, both of your cards are so Beautiful!! I just love them both and I love the way you laid them out. But that second card really gives me the warm fuzzies, it's so pretty!! :)

~ Amanda :)

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Great designs and colors.

Heather Rogers said...

Both are amazing, Julie! I love the more spring look of the first and a little more vintage on the second. I need to take the time to start submitting to magazines. I am so bad. :)

Hugs~

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, beautiful cards, Julie! Love this set so much and I used it for the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Lovin these cause daisies are just one of my most favorite flowers!! Beautiful cards hun. Love the previous post with the whicker chair card, UHHHH, gotta put that stamp on my wish list!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie these are both beautiful. Your first one is so country and sweet, I bet your mom loved it. The second one has a vintage or antique feel to it. Beautiful cards.