Thursday, May 3, 2012

Summer Celebrations!!!

HI all! Impression Obsession is celebrating another great release and to usher in these new stamps, the DT is showing off ways to Celebrate Summer! And... we're challenging you to use that as a creative theme as well! Get ready for some whimsical fun with a warm and breezy feel! You can check out all the challenge details HERE! There's some free IO stamps on the line, so what are you waiting for??

On to my creation! First I have to show you the clear set that inspired this card. It's called Let Freedom Ring and features all of these wonderfully patriotic sentiments!


And now.. to my creation! I honestly thought about using one sentiment with some patriotic paper and fun ribbon but after looking at this set - I couldn't pick just one. So... I didn't!


I decided to use all of the sentiments with a mix of red and blue inks to create a kind of stamped accent and I love the results -- what an easy and festive way to honor the good ole U.S. of A.! I used some red and blue decorative paper from my scrap bin (all of it is Bo Bunny) Add some red seam binding and a sparklet and almost done! I notched out not only the main image but the little sentiment strip as well, add some stitching and... ta da! Easy, peasy lemon squeezy! 

Make sure to make the rounds and see what the rest of the IO DT created with this Summer Celebrations Challenge! 

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Julie Koerber --- you are here!
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

Now... for some fun! Last week, I told you to leave your name and a comment on my Thursday post and I would draw one lucky person to win a surprise from Impression Obsession - it's valued at more than $50! So, Random.Ken (hubby) picked a number and he chose 17, meaning the lucky winner was....

ELLEN JARVIS!!!!

Ellen, just email me at juliekoerber@gmail.com with your snail mail addy and I will get your goodies in the mail to you!

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone -- I'll be back with more fun tomorrow so be sure to check back in! :-)

~Julie


7 comments:

Craftyfield said...

You are absolutely right. This composition of smaller stamps into a whole is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. God Bless America!

Margie F.

Queen Mary said...

Julie, this is a great set and I do love how you used it!

Katie said...

Love how you used this set to create a stamp collage. This looks like a great set! Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.

Patti J said...

Great job of making a collage with those stamps, Julie! Love your card!

April said...

Wonderful card. I love the bow and ribbon and saying on the ribbon.

Cindy said...

I love how you took the patriotic stamps and created your own patterned paper :-) Great card!