Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's a Man's World!

Hi all... it's another Thursday when the Impression Obsession Design Team ushers in another fun filled challenge for you all to take part in! Today, it's all about the guys -- the men in our lives! So pick up your IO stamps and get crack-a-lacking on those "guy" cards! If you want to know more about the challenge, just click on over to the IO Blog for all the official details!

On to my creation!

I realize on it's face, this image doesn't look super masculine, but look at those specs-- a man was clearly sitting there reading his favorite book! I decided to make this card more manly with the shades of brown and a more masculine ("less is more") layout! I even used a chunky brad that I think looks less dainty, more manly! The image is called Rocking Chair. I stamped and colored it with a mix of Copic Markers (nearly every marker I owned in shades or orange, purple, green and red!) shaded with some brown and grey tones and... ta da! After I was finished coloring, I did stamp on some craft paper using THIS Cover-A-Card background called Herringbone. Don't you love the almost patterned paper look it created? It sure dolls up a solid paper! Add some stitching, some May Arts Twill ribbon and a Stampin Up' brad and... done! That's all there is to it!

Want to see how some of the other IO designers created with a man in mind? Hop on over and see....

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Laura Fulcher


So, get creating! This challenge ends next Wednesday at 10PM EST... you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store! Well, tomorrow I am helping another one of my favorite companies celebrate a VERY special day -- it's fifth birthday! Check back for a fun-filled and festive hop!

Pin It

8 comments:

Glenda said...

This is quite lovely and I think it could be used as a manly card! Men sit and read too. Many love to rock as well! Have a good day!

Craftyfield said...

I agree less is more and I love the Clean and simple design around the detailed image.

Paula Huiras said...

Love it. The background and the ribbon and brad sure complete it.
PH

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous 'man' card ! I love the rustic ribbon & brad, they look great !

denise g. said...

Love the ribbon, but it's borderline in my book, since I think all ribbon is a bit froufrou. Wonderful image and I adore your coloring (did I ever share that with you before?). Awesome backgrounder and brad. Hope you're having a Happy August. Are you on a countdown to school starting yet, Mom?

creativearts said...

Gorgeous card for a man. Love the brad and ribbon. very striking!

Katie said...

Great card! Love your coloring of this stamp. Great manly card - I love your idea that the man was just there and left his spectacles. Ha. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Ellen Taylor said...

Love how you only colored parts of the image! Really pops!