Thursday, May 29, 2014

Let's all Play Ball!

Hello all and welcome to Day 2 of Power Poppy's Swing in to Summer Release! It's a special group of stamps that truly bring out the best of summer lovin' fun!

Ready for the next set???

This one is called -- Play Ball! And, the goal is to honor one of summer's favorite pastimes! It happens to be one that our family will be deeply involved in all summer long. This 4 by 6" set illustrated by Marcella Hawley has so many fun things -- I can't wait for you to see this set in its full glory! It also has a handful of fun mix-and-match sentiments to celebrate the "sluggers" in your life! 

On to my creation!


For my card, I have to say, I kept seeing a bit of a jersey on the front. So, a played around with my Silhouette Cameo and created this little number. Since my daughter's uniforms are sleeveless, I decided to keep the uni on the front sleeveless too! After I got the base of my card cut and set on to paper, I used a circle die cut to create the softball. This set comes with that fun stitching and so -- you can add it as an accent or do like I did and make your own softball! Using a grungy background stamp, I stamped on some Antique Linen Distress Ink to rough it up a bit and then stamped the sentiment inside the fun banner in this set and added a splash of color with some Copic markers (R24, R27, B32, B34, B39, E41, E50)! Now, this card is ready for any sporty birthday girl or guy in my life! 

Here's a closeup!


And speaking of little sluggers, I found this one of my DD waiting for the batter at her position at Short Stop. Look at that game face, will ya? ;-) This photo was taken a few years ago, but she's still at Short Stop and looking forward to a handful of summer tournaments! 


And that, my friends, is it! Head on over to the Power Poppy Blog HERE to read up on Marcella's inspiration for this fabulous baseball loving set! And, while you're hopping, don't forget to pay the Bloom Brigade a visit to get a glimpse at their fabulous creativity!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Stay tuned -- tomorrow we'll unveil another fabulous set -- this one features a beautiful and unique kind of plants that will add some sass and pizazz to your cards and creations! See you back here tomorrow!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Oh, Julie, I love the jersey being part of the card. Great idea. This set is definitely a must for me.

Jerri Jimenez said...

Oh my gosh, you all are amazing! All of the cards I've seen are over-the-top! I would take this set and stare at it with fright . . . my boys were never into baseball, all they wanted was football . . . LOL! I just ove your design Julie, the coloring is fabulous, so bright and intense, so perfect!

ChristineCreations said...

No WAY! I love jersey incorporated into the design Julie! TOO cute! Fantastic creativity Julie! And look at little E as shortstop! How cute is she!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Julie... I'm in LOVE! I adore the jersey you created with your Silhouette! And you're right... perfect for a guy or a GIRL! Love the game face on your little adorable slugger!

Katie Sims said...

Oooo, Julie....how creative of you to work a jersey into your design! You really paid homage to the vintage feel of the set in the most wonderful way....right down to the dirt smudges on your baseball! Love every inch of this adorable creation! :) And that is one sweet little short stop you have there....hope she does well in her tournaments this summer! :)

Conniecrafter said...

How clever to make the shirt for the front, too cool!

Heidi Brawley said...

This is really Awesome. This stamp set is sure to hit a Home Run!!
Hugs, Heidi

Leslie Miller said...

Cute and clever, Julie! I love how the baseball has a little dirt on it. Perfect! Those of you who have kids in baseball sure know how to use this set. Good luck to your little short stop this summer!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome card, that jersey look fabulous. Very clever missy! And little miss looks so cute in her uniform too. :-)

Cindy Lawrence said...

Okay, that jersey is AWESOME! Love that dingy baseball too...looks almost real! This is the perfect summer baseball card...right down to the patriotic colors! Love the baseball shots of your daughter too! Go, Ellie!!!