Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Friday!


Hello all and happiest of Friday's to you all! I sure hope that the sun is shining and the flowers are starting to bloom in your neck of the woods! Being in the northern part of the country, I am just starting to see daffodils and hyacinth sprout and the little spots of color are just so heart-warming! It's like these little creations have personalities all their own! I love the jewel tones and just the over all dainty feel of these tiny plants! I digress!

Before I get to my creation, I did want to share a special post I helped write over on the Power Poppy Blog HERE sharing some news about one of my fellow Bloomies, Leslie Miller. I truly I wish this dear lady ALL THE BEST!!!!

For this Friday, I did have a quickie card to share and it's all inspired by the latest round of CardMaps over at PageMaps! This is a peek at my sketch....



And this is my take on it using Power Poppy's My English Rose stamp set! 


A quick and easy "how to" goes a little something like this: stamp using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, fussy cut and cut out just some of the foliage. Color using Copic Markers in these shades: R01, RV0000, R81, R83, R85, G20, G40, and G43. The rest is just using scraps of decorative paper to follow the sketch. add a doily and threaded button and... ta da! I also added a little paper piecing for a finishing touch around my sentiment. And that, my friends, is it! Some of the other members of the Power Poppy team took the Cardmaps sketches for a test drive as well and so, if you want a little more inspiration, I have good news! It is just a click away! HERE! 

And here's a look at the close up!



And that, my friends, is it! Time now to take a break and check in on the rest of the Bloom Brigade! ;-)

Christine Okken
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks for stopping by and saying "hi!" I hope you have the best weekend possible! See you back here soon! :-)


~Julie


Pin It
Post a Comment