Friday, October 28, 2016

A Little Friday FUN!

Goodness, gracious! Doesn't it seem weird to be talking about when you're going to carve pumpkins one minute and then, sharing a card you've already got in the bag for Christmas? Well, I think it is! But, that's exactly why I am here today!

While Power Poppy popped the lid off its 2016 Happiest Holiday Collection, I did have a card I made for release, and can you believe it, forgot to share! Fully Stocked is one set that has a mix of whimsical, elegant and earthy all packed into one stamp set. I love that! So, here's my take on the stocked stuffed for those who are young and... young at heart!


I just love this little teddy bear popping out the top! I had a blast coloring this image up and then fussy cutting it so that it took center stage on a holiday-themed piece of background paper. I used Copics, of course, and reached for nearly every family of green and red that I had! After I was done coloring, I added some sparkle thanks to a Spica glitter pen and some accents thanks to a white paint pen. You can't see the glitter, but trust me, it's there! 

Here's a close up view for you!



From there, I just matted it all up, added some grosgrain ribbon and gold cording and then stamped the little cluster of buttons from the stamp set on strips of kraft cardstock to create my own kind of decorative paper. It's all ready to be stuffed in an envelope and mailed to someone across the way!

Want to check out what some of my fellow Bloomies whipped up this week... just for you? Well, head on over and see these fine ladies, will you?

Ally Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >> you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a snippet of your day with me! I so appreciate and enjoy it! I'll be back Monday with a little teaser of a holiday gift giving idea that you can literally make in minutes!

See you back here then!
~Julie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree with you....but I can not make one more Fall card....moving on to Christmas lol This is a fabulous card, beautiful coloring and I love your design! FABulous!

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is gorgeous! I really LOVE this stocking with the sweet teddy bear, and what a fabulous layout! Love that you used the little "bitties" in the set to make your own DP on back. Sweet! Beautiful layout and wonderful card!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo