Sunday, October 16, 2016

Happiest Holiday Sneak Peek Day 1!

Hello all and welcome to day one of the Happiest Holiday Sneaky Peek Week for Power Poppy! All this week, the Bloom Brigade will be sharing some of their creations with this soon-to-be-released Christmas Collection! And today, we start this kick off with some SIMPLE JOYS! 




Take a gander at this set and you're bound to get that feeling of homespun country charm. A rusty old watering can primed for the Christmas season, a glass ornament hanging cheerfully on an evergreen branch or a fresh-clipped group of holly berries decked out with holiday sparkle and joy. That's what Simple Joys -- a set of vignettes delivers! 

On to my creation!


When I first set my sights on this new set, I just keep seeing blues and reds. Not sure why but I thought of that steely blue that you see so much in country decor. And so, my sweet stamping friends, I grabbed for those colors when I started coloring up this image! I had B91, B93, B95, E31, E33, R27, R29, C00, C01, C03, C05, YR27, YR24 and E81. I shaded the bottom with some of the grey toned BV markers. BV20 BV23. From there, I matted up my card using some scraps in my stash, added some twine and coordinating buttons and... ta da! Fini!

Here's a close up for y'all! 


Easy, peesy, lemon squeezy! I honestly love when a simply designed card and layout can really make an image sing! Oh, I should mention, that darling sentiment is also a part of the Simple Joys stamp set (along with 6 other beautifully scripted greetings!)

When it comes to this day of sneaky peeks, you could say the gang's all here! You'll have to hop on over to see the rest of my beloved Bloomies to see their take on this stamp set full of country charm!
You can find the full linky list over at.....


Coming up tomorrow, the fun continues with a set that not only keeps Santa on his toes but on two wheels too! Just wait until you see this cute-as-can-be set! When's the full collection going to be released? Mark your calendars for October 21st! 

Until then!
~Julie


27 comments:

Katie Sims said...

OHmygosh....Julie! I love how crisp and clean your card looks! Your coloring is always spot on, but seriously....you actually DID make this image sing! Your color choices are so pretty that now I wanna grab those markers and color one like Julie! :) Can't wait to see what else your creative mind has come up with for this release!

patti said...

I really love the colors you used on your card, they all complement each other

Colleen said...

Love this sweet simple image! and your colors!!

Tricia T said...

I love the colors you used, Julie. Such a sweet image!

SuzanneS said...

Love that you did the ornaments in blue...love this stamp

Danni said...

Wonderful colors for such an amazing card!

Natalie said...

Beautiful card! Great holiday card.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and think that they are perfect for this charming image! I can hardly wait to play with it. I love your layout with the DP and matting and of course the great double-stitched die. And the buttons and twine just add to this beauty! Very charming indeed in every way...and beautifully colored, my friend! Looks like this one is chock full of beautiful and charming things! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Your color palette is perfect! Love your button and twine accents and your design is simply beautiful!

sharon said...

Love the polka dot paper. Lovely casual and adult card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Love these colors... the stitching around the panel perfect and the button accents darling. Beautiful!!!

Joyce Erb said...

Love your coloring and the blues. Also how the background dots mimic the bulbs. Such a pretty stamp.

LOU said...

Beautiful card Julie. Can't wait to try this stamp set for myself.

Nora Noll said...

What a stunning creation!! I LOVE that image and your layering it over the patterned papers!!

nancy dempsey said...

I love the colors you chose and all of the matting. Beautiful!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I just love this image, and your coloring is great.

Abby said...

I really like the watering can stamp.

Barbara said...

This card design really show the Simple Joys of the Holidays. Just hang some ornaments on a branch and you have a sweet image that brings back the simple childhood memories we all have. I love the beautiful blue card.

Leslie Miller said...

Fantastic! This release has me agog! I want to color the ALL! Love your little old rusty can, Julie!

Ann said...

Adorable card.

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers... there is something about the way you colouring in your watering can Julie - it's amazing! I love the touches of blue. It's a beautifully designed card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Lovin' all the blues with your rusty watering can Julie!! Charming!

Lisa Lara said...

WOW Julie, so beautiful!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is beautiful Julie. I love this card in the blues. So pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

What pretty blues and reds, this really looks so sweet and inviting Julie!

McStamper said...

Love, love your card. The patterned papers you used look great.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the sweet branch with ornaments design! Beautiful coloring!