Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Happiest Holiday Sneak Peeks Day 3!

Hello all! If the thought of cheerful packages covered in bright berries and greenery make you swoon, then today's stamp set reveal showcasing Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday 2016 Collection has its sights set on YOU!

Check out the latest sneaky peek.....


With Holly Golightly, what you have is an essential ingredient of Christmas cheer: Holly! Done up three ways, will you go with the hollyberry branch, used as a focal point, a bough, or a pattern piece? What about the sweet little Mason jar with boxwood and holly for a humble holiday scene? Or, you can try the happiest holly tag that you ever did see with a whole bunch of Holly Jolly sentiments! This set offers so many mix and match opporutnities with 12 stamps total in this fabulously merry set!

On to my creation!


I started by stamping my image and then, reaching for my Copic markers in shades of neutral browns, greens and, of course, reds! I used G05, G07 and G09, blending with G20. The reds were R24, R27 and I blended with R20 and R01. I added a little E55 to the stem and then the tag was done up with E81, E50, E51 adn E53. I also accented with a little white gel pen. And... ta da! Oh, I should mention that when it came to inking up and stamping the sentiment I selectively added ink using a Memento Dew Drop to get the inner phrase with Ladybug Red and the outer portion with Cottage Ivy. 

Here's a little close up! I matted this little tag up with a decorative paper stack that I picked up at Hobby Lobby along with a kraft colored doily. Sweet.. and ... simple! 


And that, my friends, is it! There are so many cute elements in this set that you'll have to make the rounds to the lovely ladies below to see their creative take using this new Power Poppy set -- Holly Golightly! 




Thanks for stopping in today, be sure to hit up the Power Poppy Blog tomorrow  for the next sneaky peek. This one is stocked full of fun and just can't wait to be hung by the chimney with care! Yep, that's your little hint! ;-)

See you back here soon!
~Julie

14 comments:

Davi said...

I love the tag and its looks great with the plaids and dots :) Very pretty card!

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Julie, I love the colours /prints you used on this card! SO pretty.

Lisa K said...

I really like this holly. Love how you paired it with paper that I could shop for. Love the music and doily also.

Constance.hildebrand56@gmail.com said...

Can't wait to get this holly stamp set!

Ann said...

Super cute.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is gorgeous, and I love the traditional red and green along with the brown (love kraft since packaged are often wrapped with kraft and then have colors added with ribbons, etc.). Beautiful tag, and I love the sentiment and how you've used the different colors. Wonderful fussy cutting and a fabulous card, my friend! Hugs! xoxo

Denise Bryant said...

Love the plaid and dotted papers on your pretty card! Beautiful holly image! Gorgeous coloring too!

ChristineCreations said...

That looks SO festive Julie! Fantastic combination of Christmas colour and pattern!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Holly and Tag! I love the rustic vibe! So pretty!

Abby said...

Nice card.

McStamper said...

Love your fantastic card. All the colors and designs look great.

Camille Short said...

Just lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, that tag is cute! I love how you combined polka dots and plaid -- two of my favorites! Can't wait to get this entire release in my hands and start in earnest on my Christmas cards!

Stacy Morgan said...

Festive! Oh I like the music behind the tag and great papers. This fits the Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge this month too. :-)