Monday, October 17, 2016

Happiest Holiday Sneaky Peek Day 2!

Hello all and welcome to Day 2 of the sneaky peeks for Power Poppy's 2016 Happiest Holiday Collection! I can't tell you just how much I adore the set that's being revealed today! I mean, just take a look at this, will ya??


So what does Santa do when he's not overseeing all of the hustle and bustle at the North Pole? Well, he doesn't always take his trusty sleigh to get packages to the good little boys and girls world wide. He's a 21st century kind of guy! At least that's the vision Marcella had when she whipped up this new offering -- Action Santa! This chocked-full-of-cheer clear stamp set offers two whimsical views of Santa on his way paired with five holiday greetings and several little accents to help set the scene!

On to my creation!


Since this little stamp set tells Santa to get a move on, I decided to take Ally Cope's Make It Move Power & Spark Challenge and put 'Ski Santa' in a snow covered winter wonderland a.k.a. a shaker card! ;-) If you've never made a shaker card, Ally offers a fabulous tutorial HERE to get you started. It's a good one to pin for later! 

After stamping my Santa, I have to tell you that I used pretty much every marker in my stash to bring Ole Saint Nick to life! I wish I could name them all but honestly, there are far, far too many! After I was done coloring, I used the tips and tricks Ally offered to make my shaker, added different sized sequins for a little snowy sparkle and... ta da! Add some twine, a sentiment from the set and some sparkly decorative paper!

Here's a little close up to show you "what's shakin'" with this creation!


And that, my friends, is it! If you want to read up on the inspiration behind this set and see some of the other fabulous creations from my fellow Bloomies, just head on over to...



Tomorrow, you'll have to swing by to see how one festive berry takes on a holly jolly feel as we continue the sneaky peeks for the 2016 Happiest Holiday Collection!

See you back here then!
~Julie


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Your skiing Santa is fantastic! But, your skiing Santa Shaker card is out of this world! Love it! FAB design!!! He can do anything!!! lol

Davi said...

Very cool shaker card, love the dotted dp and the great coloring for this cute Santa!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, HOW adorable is this Santa? I love him and his jolly face red from the snow and his skiing down the slopes! Beautifully colored, and I love that you've made him a shaker card! Beautiful DP, and I love the polka dots and the twine! Sweetness and fun!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

I've only looked at a few cards and already I'm completely overwhelmed with awesomeness. Just waiting to order the whole release. Marcy was ON for this one! Fantastically cute card, Julie!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the layers and colors! Fun card!

Evelyn vasquez said...

Fun and fantastic!

Allison Cope said...

Oh golly he's fantastic Julie! I love that you made a fun shaker too! Love it all!

patti said...

How cute is this!!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE the layering on this!! That Santa is so FUN!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Adorable!! Love your festive Santa with his "candy cane" stocking cap! And I love that you made him a shaker...just like me! Great minds and all that. ;)

Abby said...

Great card!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous shaker Julie!

Teresa Doyle said...

Love this Julie, and I totally love Santa's "active wear"! LOL Super fun card!

McStamper said...

Love your Santa. Fantastic coloring and great elements.

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my gosh... his rosy cheeks.. are you serious! Totally FUN! I like the shaker card and the red polka dotted paper! This is awesome Julie!

Von Marie said...

Super cute card, just love that Santa. My kids would love that he is skiing. Lol

Von Marie said...

Adorable card, love this image so much!!!