Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sneak Peeks Day 5: Glistening Paperwhites!

Hello folks and welcome back to the sneaks for Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday 2016 Collection! Today, imagine one of the most glorious and elegant Christmas botanicals and then, set your sights on Marcella's take on these beautiful blossoms.....


You can't have Christmas without boughs of beautiful greenery. This special grouping will breathe a whoosh of fresh winter air into your card making, with an illustration of classic Paperwhites paired with Juniper and Seeded Eucalyptus. The natural elements in this brand new set -- Glistening Paperwhites -- would be shimmeringly lovely embossed in metallics, dusted with glitter, or colored in cool shades of green, blue, and ivory. What's even more wonderful is the fact that this set comes with a handful of  accent images and six sentiments to help you make cards for the most wonderful time of the year!

On to my creation!


Being a lover of Paperwhites, I knew that I wanted to play off the icy shades of blue to bring to life the juniper berries and add a little cool shades to the flowers themselves. I used B60, B63 and B65 for the berries, accented the flower with BG0000, RV0000, and then colored the centers with Y11, Y13 and added dots of Y15. The Eucalyptus seeds were colored up with G20 and BG72 and the leaves were colored with G20, G21, G24 and G28. Add a little shading around the image with RV00 and ... ta da! Here's a close up!



The rest is just matting it up! I added some rock candy glitter to parts of the berries. You can't really see it in any of the photos because it is more of a textural glitter but it does add a little shimmer in real life. The sentiment from the set was added to a banner die cut. The pale pink decorative paper and blue strips were just a part of my stash. Add a little glittery ribbon and some bling and that's it my friends!

I know with an image this beautiful that my fellow members of the Bloom Brigade will make jaws drop with their creations! So, see for yourself and hop on over to pay these fine ladies a visit! 


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!


Tomorrow is the big day my friends! Tomorrow we get to roll out the entire collection with a big party -- showcasing more of the sets and letting you know how you just might be able to get your hands on this swoon-worthy designs! Can't wait? Me neither! 

See you back here tomorrow!
~Julie

13 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

GASP...and I've been captured by your card and have been starring at it! It's very, very clear that you are a lover of paperwhites, because this is exquisite, and your coloring is amazing! Each berry, branch, petal, flower center...they are all perfect. And I love the palest hint of RV to give it a bit of warmth and add dimension. And what a gorgeous layout with fabulous DP. It's so soft and beautiful, and what a great die for the sentiment! STUNNING, my friend, completely gorgeous! I love it and can hardly wait to make some cards with this beauty! I can see why this was the last set revealed. It's my favorite...I think - haha! Hugs, sweet friend, and I look forward to tomorrow's grand finale and wonder what you will use! xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, wow....WOW! These Paper Whites are just so beautiful! Your card is so lovely, in color and design....WOW!!!

Von Marie said...

Wow, beautiful card!! I love how you brought the paperwhites to life. Love your coloring details and how you framed the image.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful layering and embellishments! Gorgeous card with this lovely stamp set!

Camille Short said...

Beautiful card and beautiful image!

Carol Held said...

Hi there Julie. I sure love this card, and colouring of this amazing set. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Stacy Morgan said...

Thud... Julie your paper whites are fantastic! Oh wow... I like the focus on the blooms and the colors are soothing. Just beautiful!

Teresa Doyle said...

Very elegant card Julie, what a fantastic job you've done!

Abby said...

Beautiful coloring!

nancy dempsey said...

Beautiful coloring and I love the die cut paper.

McStamper said...

Very lovely card. Beautiful coloring.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love the combination of paperwhites and juniper. Stellar coloring, pretty papers, and beautiful card design. Can't wait for my happy mail to arrive!

Ann said...

Lovely card.