Friday, July 28, 2017

Tree of Life: Power Poppy Sneaks Day 3!


Hello all! Goodness, I hope you are enjoying the sneaky peeks this week from Power Poppy, because I sure have loved making the hop myself to see all the ways you can use this fresh crop of clear stamps! Today's set is just as charming as the other stamp sets from the Abundance Collection that the Bloomies are showing off. 

Take a gander at Tree of Life! As Marcella penned this set, she shared how she has been forever enchanted by the different depictions of the Tree of Life -- from branches reaching for the stars to those trees that are small, curvy and stylized. This, my friends, is her take. With this stamp set you'll find a tree that is chocked full of leaves, fruit and feathered and furry friends plus beautifully scripted sentiments to compliment these illustrated beauties! So incredibly charming! 

On to my creation! 


I have to say that I did indeed stare at this image for quite a while after stamping it in black ink. I wondered - what color should the birds be? What about the flowers? Should I have a vibrant or deep green for the leaves? After all the staring, I just started reaching for my Copic markers and I went to town -- leaning more toward vibrant colors. I loved adding more purple to the pomegranates and making the birds a deep and dusty teal. Here's a sampling of the colors that I used: YG00, YG13, YG17 for the leaves; BG70, BG72, and BG000 for the birds; R81, R83, and RV00 for the flowers; R24, R39, and R21 for the berries; E31, E33 and E27 for the tree limbs; R39, V01 and V000 for the pomegranates. I also added a little Y00 around my image to highlight it. You can't really see it in the photo but in real life, it is a subtle glow! :-)

Here's a little close up for you! You can see that I did add a few white gel pen accents here and there! 


And here's another close up showing off that little bird accent I added to my oval sentiment! 


And that, my friends, is it! If you can't tell, I am pretty enamored with this set! It truly is perfect for all kinds of cards and occasions and a pure delight for just those times when you need to pop a little "thinking of you" creation in the mail! 

Want to see what the other Bloomies did with the Tree of Life? Stop by and say "hi" to these gals and see what they whipped up... just for you! 

Julie Koerber >> you are here! 



Be sure to swing by tomorrow when we hit day 4 of our 5-day release! This stamp set is big, bodacious and offers up so many different color combinations that I am sure you'll find it swoon-worthy! ;-)

Until then!
~Julie

No comments: