Friday, November 17, 2017

A Pop of Pink!

Hello folks! Hope you had a wonderful week! It sure went fast for me, how about you? We were lucky here, we had gotten some snow and it truly felt like we were skipping or shortcutting fall for winter. Well, today was in the 50s so, I. Was. Happy! I like each and every season so, when another season tries to jump in line, I am not a fan! ;-)

So, my dear hearts, my creation for this week! Remember this little snippet that I shared with you last week?


Well, as promised, I am here to share my creation and show how this all played out! After coloring up my image, I knew that I wanted to keep my card on the simple side, just add a sentiment and maybe a little bling and call it good. So, that's what I did!


Instead of reaching for pink decorative paper, I decided to let the pink on my image shine by NOT leaning toward that shade in my layout. Instead, I added strips of blue and green and incorporated a little razzle-dazzle with the help of an iridescent-edged ribbon tied in a bow. In case you didn't recognize the image -- it's called Tree Peony -- by Power Poppy, of course. This little number is a digital stamp, which makes creating so fun. Simply download, print and color to your heart's content!

As I mentioned last week, these were the Copic Markers that I used to color this image up!


And if you didn't know, I was playing along in last week's Hues to Use! Check it out!


Here's a little close-up for you! I should point out that the sentiment I stamped on that image panel is from Power Poppy's clear stamp set called Burst of Kindness! I think it is perfect for those thank you cards that you just need waiting in the wings!



And that, my friends is it! Now it's time to check in with these fine ladies! 



It's time for the Bloom Brigade Parade! And, these amazing designers are all ready to show you what they've been working on this week! YAY!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all back here real soon! Have a wonderful weekend!~Julie

No comments: