Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Fun -- Power Poppy Style!

Hello folks! Hope you had a wonderful week! Even though the thermometer in my neck of the woods is acting a whole lot like winter, I decided to reach for a fall-inspired digital stamp from Power Poppy this week -- Apples in Season!  I can almost smell the cider with this image! I have to tell you, living in Montana where the soil and climate aren't conducive to apple orchards, I miss those days in my home state of Michigan where you could visit the cider mill, have a warm cup and nibble on a freshly baked donut with it. Ahhh... nothing like that, especially if there was a bit of a nip in the air!

So, my dear hearts, my creation for this week!


I started by printing off the image by converting the stamp to a light brown tone so that the lines of the image weren't so prominent. I also flipped the image before I printed. How do you do that? Simple! I can show you in PhotoShop! 


You simply click on Image, Rotate and then it gives you a few options. If you click on Flip Horizontal -- it will flip the image so that it is facing the opposite direction. That's just what I did here! 

Before I move on to the card details, I should point out that I chose this color palette for my creation thanks to Power Poppy's color challenge - Hues to Use. The beauty of this little challenge is the fact that it is a never ending challenge! You can go back since the beginning, and still add your linky! This challenge was from October 10th! 



So, with the palette taken care of, I used Copics to color up this image and used almost every red in my Copic arsenal - R20, R24, R27. R29, R01 to blend, YG03, UG06, YG17, G20, RV00, RV02, R81 and R83. Oh, I almost forgot! Before I colored up this image, I followed Nancy's tutorial HERE on how to use your Silhouette Cameo with digital images. That tutorial is BRILLIANT! I had no idea you could use this cutting machine with digital files, but she showed us all how! 

Here's a little close up for you! Sorry, it is a wee bit blurry... not sure what was going on. Maybe I wasn't wearing my glasses when I snapped this shot! LOL! 


The rest is just matting it all up! I added some die cut circles, stamped the green one with THIS sentiment from the Power Poppy Everything's Even Rosier clear set. Added a half doily in a kraft shade and accented with an antique gingham ribbon. And that, my friends is it!

Because I was on a little Hues to Use kick, I also colored up this image below from the digital stamp set Tree Peony, also from Power Poppy using this week's Hues to Use HERE!   While I didn't have time to craft a second card, I thought it would be fun to show it in progress! I am going to whip this one up and play along with Cindy's Power & Spark Portion Control Challenge! 

Here's the color palette for this week -- such rich shades of coral! Click HERE to see the challenge details! 


And here's the Copic colors that I used! 


Look for the full creation for my post next Friday! ;-) In the meantime, I know there's more creativity floating around in blogland thanks to the Bloomies!


Be sure to pay these fine designers and even finer human beings a visit!



Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all back here real soon! Have a wonderful (and warm) weekend!
~Julie

No comments: