Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Inspire!



This card was a lot of fun to create because instead of sketching out an idea, I just kind of went with it. All stamps are from Impression Obsession. I measured out a center path, stamped one of the Solid Flowers down the center, used the line stamp from the Borders set to separate and then chose another stamp from the Solid Flower set down the other two sides. I antiqued the paper using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea color. I just brushed it on with a duster. The rest is simple, I edged the black mat with gold leaf pen, stamped one of the Solid Flowers using markers and popped the stamen of the flower just by coloring it with a Permaletter pen. The rest is just matting... and DONE! I loved the way this turned out.

8 comments:

Karen Lindsay said...

I love it! I'm REALLY lovin' the new flourish and swirl stamps! Beautiful creation as always, Julie. :)

Heather said...

What a wonderful card. I love how you did the background.

Corie said...

Found your site through Allison. Love this card. The colors are so classic.

Karen said...

Love this card. The colors are great

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the design and colors you used.

Phyl said...

Hey Jules,
I can only imagine how excited you were to finally get The Box. Great card - classy & beautiful. Looking forward to all of your new creations.
Phyl

Jan Scholl said...

we need a feed-they are free and very useful!

Michele Kovack said...

This card screams elegance and sophistication! Beautiful!