Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer....

Hi all! It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge and this one is all about those lazy days of summer. Well, I struggled because after digging through my IO stamps, I didn't have one that really screamed summer. So, I winged it (no pun intended)! I thought flowers and butterflies are pretty peaceful and lazy! :-)

And.. here you go!

When I picked up this Sassafrass decorative paper, I just KNEW I had the perfect stamp for it. The little flowers on the paper are almost a perfect match to the flowers on this fun stamp by Alesa Baker called Hydrangea Tag.

Now to the card mechanics! After stamping my image on watercolor paper, I used Ranger Distress Inks and a water brush to add color to my image. I used Tea Dye, Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Tattered Rose. To get the varying degrees of color, I just kept adding more ink where I wanted shadows or darker color. I cut out the tag, added some twine and then -- just matted it up with a scalloped strip, some stitching and some pearls! Done!

Want to see what the other DT members did to celebrate the lazy days of summer?

Daniela
Dina
Jenny
Jeanne
Kathy
Shirley
Rosemary

If you want to read up to see how you can participate, just click HERE. There's a $25 gift certificate on the line to the IO store! You have until Saturday at 9 PM Eastern to enter!

Thanks for stopping by... see you back here soon!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

A really super card. Certainly says lazy summer to me!
Lynne xxx

Daniela Dobson said...

So pretty! I love the colors and that tag stamp!!!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Very evocative of summer. Love that hydrangea tag.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and lazy yea right... Great feel to the card and I like the stitching as well.

Jenny Gropp said...

THat stamps and paper were made for each other... the perfect pairing, Julie! Beautiful watercoloring!

Anonymous said...

I love the tag you created for the card...the coloring is beautiful!

Charmaine

denise g. said...

Another one I LOVE! Are you stamping for me this week? ;) Hope you and your family are having a fabulous Independence Day weekend!