Friday, November 4, 2011

Let it Snow!

It's hard to believe, but it's that time again... time for another Flourishes release full of creative fun! To get ready, the Flourishes Design Team is offering up a fun-filled challenge and the winner walks away with the entire November Release! So, without further ado....

HOW TO PLAY: It sparkles, shines and glistens on the landscape. Let's capture some of that snowy sparkle on our cards or creations! Use glitter, Flower Soft, or any kind of bling that offers up a snowy feel! If you use a gallery with a keyword, please use FLLCNOV11. And remember to link up HERE over on the Flourishes blog using the inlinkz widget in order to be in the running! You have until November 11th at 5PM EST to enter -- so let's get creative and make up some snowy delights!

On to my creation! I have to say, I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch as a starting point for my creation! Love those sketches....

I needed to get a thank you card made and so I took this opportunity to think a little bit out of the box and focus on the color and glitz instead of trying to use a "snowy" image! I hadn't picked up my Butterflies and Blossoms stamp set lately and that is honestly one of my favorite Flourishes sets! I stamped using a discontinued ink color from Close to My Heart (Sorry, it was the only one that matched my paper!) and mixed and matched some paper. Some dp is from my stash, other is a part of the My Mind's Eye Breeze paper pack. Add some silver leaf pen, some stitching, some paper piercing and you're almost there! I added some glitter glue to my butterflies and popped them up by stamping twice, cutting and then using glue dots to attach. Add in some Crystal Sparklets, some iridescent ribbon and... ta da!! 

Here's a close up of the tag. Honestly, it's not blank! I just chose a really faint ink and man, was it hard to photograph! It says... Thank You.



And that, my friends, is it! Need a little inspiration to get you started? You'll have to hop on over and see what our DT whipped up! I know you won't be sorry you visited! :-)

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a fun and restful weekend ahead! I'll be back soon with some new inspiration to share..... so stay tuned. ;-)

~Julie

23 comments:

petra,s cards said...

good morning, what a beautiful card!!!
xx petra

Naomi said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I love all of the shimmer on this card!

Dawn B. said...

I love this layout Julie. It works so well with this set. Your paper is so pretty. Great thank you card.

Glenda said...

Beautiful! I love everything about it and the paper is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great creativity! The sentiment looks like a snowball as do the corner bling. Pretty icy colours too. Love the LO.
Beth Greco

Trisha said...

Beautiful card. My favorite colors and so sparkly. Happy stamping and cardmaking.

Barbara said...

Totally sweet, Julie! Fabulous thank you card--I love that layout, too!

dpkennedy said...

Oh so pretty Julie! This is one of my favorite sets too! Lovely card!

Ravengirl said...

This is really sweet! I love a good sketch too. Pretty blue colors today.

The Rubber Maid said...

Great colors used and perfect for a thank you...sweet little bow. MOM

Dee said...

You've made a beautiful card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very soft and delicate Julie. Turned out very pretty.

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful Julie! I love how the sketch works with these butterflies. Very pretty and delicate feeling.

Leslie Miller said...

So pretty, Julie! I fully expected to see a Christmas card today, but this is a really nice surprise. Love these colors and those gorgeous butterflies.

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I love the colors. Can't wait to see the new stamps!!

Tanya said...

beautiful! love the butterflies and what a fun sketch.

Betty said...

So did you get snow Julie? My daughter said she has snow in Butte. We MIGHT get some in ND tonight and tomorrow. Love the card. Great job as always.

Sewflake said...

I finaly made it back to comment on all the wonderful creations, was it only yesterday?? It feels like a week has passed!
You did go out of the boc and gave us that snowy feel without the holiday stamps. Wonderful design and colors and don't you just love the sparklets? They add a twinkle without all the glitter.

Diane said...

So soft and pretty....love that ribbon, too!!

denise g. said...

Ha, ha, ha! I was expecting to see a cold, wintry card and I got summer butterfly beauty instead. Thank you - - I much prefer your take on the "snowy delights". Hope you're having a great weekend. Mine are always too darn short!

Amanda said...

Julie, I love, love all of the soft blues & blue greens! And love those butterflies in line like that! I think your papers really add to the softness you have with your card :) I'm sure your friend will love it, it's gorgeous! :)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card! ;)

Benzi said...

A beautiful thank you card in lovely colors...a gorgeous ribbon, too.