Friday, November 21, 2014

A Mini Post for a Mini Card!

Hello all and Happy Friday! Hope you had a fantabulous week and are looking forward to a restfully creative weekend ahead! I have plans to fire up my crock pot, put on Pandora, maybe snuggle up with a movie and.... COLOR! That's one of  my new favorite things-- to grab my Copics, a clipboard and a comfy blanket and cozy up to color while watching something fun. It's so "Winter!" ;-)

One of the Power Poppy things I colored recently is this little doo-dad....

So easy, right? Well, this image is from Power Poppy's Merry Littles stamp set. I happened to find these fun little 3" by 3" cards while exploring Michaels the other day...


How cute are these??? And, with a pricetag of just a $1 -- who can afford to go wrong for 10 mini cards and mini envelopes! They also come in red and white too! I think they are perfect for gift bags or to top off a hostess gift of some sort! 

Now to the card deets --- I stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle and then colored up my image with R20, R24, R27, G20, G40, G43, G46, Y21, Y23, E40 and BG0000. I punched with a 1-1/4" circle punch and then matted it on one of Spellbinders Blossom dies. I can't find the die on Spellbinders' store, so it might be retired? After I matted it up, I added some pennant style flags in coordinating decorative paper. Add some bling, some glitter paper and.. ta da... DONE!

Here's one last peek! You can see I decked out the envelope using the little bow from the Merry Littles set too! 

Need some more Friday inspiration? Well, the Bloom Brigade is full of it! You'll have to hop on over to their places on the web, take a gander and tell them "hi!" :-)


Allison Cope
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan


Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here soon!
~Julie


Pin It

4 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Ooo... how fun are those! 3x3 - so sweet! Love all the bling and your matching envelope is adorable Julie!

Karen W said...

This is beautiful, I love the red glitter piece with this.

Leslie Miller said...

So dang cute and itty bitty! The perfect size for gift cards. I love those fish tail flags in the cute DP against the dark green, and the red glitter paper is a real WOW!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a wonderful idea for such lovely Christmas cards!! I have to look for those at Michaels! Just love the simple but elegant look with the glitter paper and lovely fishtails. Perfect coloring on the focal image! Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!