Friday, September 18, 2015

Peace & Strength

Hello happy stampers! I have a card to share today that showcases Power Poppy's newest member to the Instant Garden -- Olive & Oak.  What I never knew was that the olive symbolizes peace and oak symbolizes strength. What a beautiful fusion of images to send this message to someone you care about!

I have a friend who just started radiation for breast cancer. As I sat and colored this image from top to bottom, I had her in mind with every colorful stroke of my marker. I knew when I was done, this card was going straight to her mailbox! ;-) 


When Marcella penned this beauty, she said it would be perfect for not only fall but for more mascculine cards. I think it's a classic image that could be used in so many different ways! 

On to my creation! After I printed this image on to Cougar Opaque white card stock and die cut it using a faux stitched border die, I picked up my Copic Markers to color it up. Here's what I used: E31, E33, E23, E25, E27, G20, G21, G24, G28, YG21, R59, R32, R01, E09, E04, Y38, Y35, Y21, Y11, YG13. After the leaves, acorns and olives were colored up, I did use W00, W01 annd W03 to shade around the image. 

I will say that the sentiment is from Power Poppy's stamp set called Lilac Time. In the stamp set, you'll see it's a stacked sentiment. I actually just inked up each word separately so that I could put it on this sentiment strip. (I used Memento Rich Chocolate and Potter's Clay inks). The paper is BasicGrey and the button is a gold one from Stampin' Up. I also added just a wee bit of white gel pen to add highlights to the acorns.

Here's a close up!


And that, my friends, is it! Now it's time to hop on over to see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade whipped up this week. I have a feeling you'll see a little more of this image too! ;-)


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan


Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to! I wish you the best of weekends. I'll be watching some high school football, watching some college football and watching my daughter kill it at softball tryouts. Should be an action packed weekend! Hope you have fun in all you do! See you back here soon! ;-)

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, your friend is going to love this, and the sentiment is perfect. Having lost my mom to breast cancer, I feel for your friend deeply. She is going to love this. And, you're absolutely right about this being such a versatile image. It's beautifully colored, and I love how it leaps from the card, and your DP and beautiful stitched die are fabulous! Stunning, as always, my friend! Hugs!

Nora Noll said...

This is so lovely. I really like the way you placed the sentiment. Stunning design.

Joan B said...

beautiful card. wishing your friend the best

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is gorgeous! your colors are fantastic and I do love that stitched double border. Fabulous card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, very vibrant and rich fall card with this gorgeous image. Your friend will love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Diane said...

Beautiful as always Julie! I haven't been around for so long, just haven't been into it much but when I see your beauties...gives me the urge to start again. :)

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely stunning Julie! I love that rich and bold back ground paper - matched perfectly for that masculine feel! I love it!