Friday, November 22, 2019

Power Poppy Christmas Remix: Day 3!



Hi all and welcome to day 3 of Power Poppy's Christmas Remix! I sure hope you've been loving on the new illustrations as well as the looks at some of Power Poppy's classics! I can tell you that I have sure had some fun! Today's illustration comes in both digital and clear stamp sets and evokes a kind of heartwarming charm!



O Holy Night (clear set) and Snowy Church (digital set) is inspired by old country churches and sets the stage for magical holiday creations! Color it daintily or give it a simple monochromatic look. It's beautiful either way!

On to my creation! 


There's something about seeing this image at night that brings about that peaceful easy feeling! So, I love to see it colored up that way. I chose just a handful of green and yellow Copic Markers (G20, G24, G40, Y00, Y02) and then let my blue shades do most of the talking (B60, B63, B34, BV20). And, after I was done coloring, of course I had to add some sparkle with glitter glue! Who has snow on a card with no glitter! (I know, a lot of people, but not me!)

Here's a closeup! You can see the word "Joy" was actually a part of the sentiment from the clear set that said "Joy to the World, the Lord has Come" but I just inked up the word "Joy" using Memento Nautical Navy.


Mat it on some pearl paper with iridescent ribbon and.. done! I just love this image! And, to be honest with you, coloring it up this way was not only fun but not terribly time-consuming. This is one you could mass produce and "Wow" people without hours upon hours of coloring time.

While this creation above is one I just whipped up, I do have others that I have created using this stamp! Want to see?


This one above was simply inked using navy dye ink and then I took a waterbrush around the image to soften the lines and add some depth -- super easy!


And this one was stamped in red ink alone and I made a shaker card to feature falling snow! You can really take this image in so many different directions!

Well, the rest of the Power Poppy team is ready to show off this peaceful scene as well, so be sure to visit these fine ladies! Oh, and if you didn't start at the Power Poppy Blog, be sure to see what Marcella has to say about these illustrations as well!

Stacy Morgan
Barbara Walker
Allison Cope
Lisa Johansen 
Nancy Sheads 

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow's set is another new image and to say it's gorgeous would be an absolute understatement! It's a colorista's dream and one that produces jaw-dropping results! 

See you then! 
~Julie 

9 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Julie! I like the white layers with the pop of color. The trees with the snow and how you colored it look amazing. Gorgeous card sweet friend.

Lisa K said...

Gorgeous card! It looks like it took forever to color. Thanks for encouraging that is doesn't take all night to color.

Diane said...

Elegant and gorgeous as the others are too...such a beautifully created scene!

Carol Dee said...

Three very different yet equally beautiful cards.

tinyfeet said...

Wow, I like all your cards you created! So inspiring!

Traci M said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Julie!! Love all your past ones, too...and I remember being inspired many times by your cards. This is one of my favorite sets...used multiple times and I may have to get it out again!

newbie85 said...

I have this digi and I absolutely LOVE it! You are exquisite in your coloring of this one!!!! Thank you for all the inspiration!!!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous Julie, all three!
I love always blue ont white (or white on blue) but what a surprise to see that you also made one with my favorite colour, Red!
Great to see, I would never have thought about using red for such an image, but it's awesome. I have to keep that in mind.
Thank you so much for sharing all your beauties with this gorgeous image. Have a great weekend.

Sue D said...

All so pretty and peaceful!