Thursday, June 5, 2008

Flowers On Vellum

Hi All ! This card is one I made FOR-EVAH ago. Well, not this exact card, but one exactly like it. Confused yet? LOL! I made one for a colored pencil class I taught on coloring on vellum. Well, after the class, I submitted the card to Rubber Stamper. Apparently, this card lived on in their archives when they sold to Crafts N' Things. Well, now it's on page 89 of the June issue! Fun! What a great surprise!! The stamp is the Zinnia stamp from Serendipity Stamps.

It's ironic, because I did this technique on another card recently (before I knew about the magazine) and will share more of a how- to next week. Why can't I show you now?? Oh, thanks for asking! Well, it's featuring a stamp set that hasn't been released yet! Don't worry, it's less than a week from now! :-)

Before I go, another, yet another Ellie story. Sorry - she's on a roll lately! It was a busy work day and I kind of was preoccupied. I was in my kitchen leaning up against our breakfast bar when I see this little head pop up. It was Ellie, resting her little chin in her hands. "Mom," she says. "Wanna be in the cool club?" "The cool club?" I say. "What do you have to do to be in the cool club?" She looks (very seriously) at me and says, "Just be cool. I made it up. Right now I'm the only one in it." "Oh," I say. "Count me in." As she turns around and walks away, all I hear in her little voice is one word - "cool." HA! Oh, four-year-olds are such a kick in the pants.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! I'll be back tomorrow with -- you guessed it -- Friday's Stamp Simply challenge! This one is "solid!" (That was my hint!!)


p.s. I almost forgot!! GO RED WINGS! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
Post a Comment