Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spring Silhouette - Stamp Simply 38!!

Happy Friday!!!! Oh, man I need a weekend. I need a weekend bad. I need to kick up my heels and feel the sun on my face! Ok... I digress....

The weekend is nearly here - so, that means it's time for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge!!! This week, it's all about the silhouette. But, here's the deal - in an effort to make sure everyone can create with their own personal style - you don't need to make your image look like a silhouette. It just needs to be a solid stamp! You can color it with markers. You can emboss it. You can do whatever you want as long as you use a solid stamp! Click HERE for the "official details!"


Well, when I heard what the challenge was - it was a no brainer which stamp set I would use!!! The new Spring Ephemerals set from Flourishes that I have been using all week -- what else! This card is about the easiest card ever! I used Basic Grey's Scarlet's Letter paper - stamped my bleeding heart flower on it with black ink. I matted it onto black that had been edged with gold leaf pen. Cut a strip of the distressed red paper, stamped the "Thank You" from the Many Sentiments set and then again layered that on a strip of black that had been edged with gold. I put the strip on my card (card front is also Scarlet's Letter paper) Then, using foam tape, I taped my image to the left side of the card. The black embellies are actually just flat back black rhinestones that I got at Mikes in the jewelry isle! That's it my friends! You seriously can't get any easier than that! And, you know I LOVE the black and red combo! I think I am addicted to it in fact!!

Want some more inspiration? Check out what these fab ladies did with this week's challenge:

Jennifer
Janine
Becky
Tammy
Dee

Hope you are all enjoying today and have fun weekend plans ahead! Take care!

p.s. For those of you who asked if you could be in the "cool club," you're in. I have to warn you though - I had to personally vouch for each and every one of you to my four-year-old. She actually asked --"And, they are all cool?" I said, "Of course, you think I don't hang with cool people!?!" So, you're in. I'll be contacting you all for dues!! LOL!!

16 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh -- this is just so totally classy and stunning - you do red and black better than ANYONE!!! Love your gold accents with the pen -- such a beautiful card and that bleeding heart is PERFECT here!!! Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Gorgeous Julie!! I love this:)

Lesli said...

Your card is stunning - I am always truly amazed and inspired by your work!!!

Janine said...

Just beautiful Julie!! Red and black is just perfect together for this card!!

Curt in Indy said...

Julie, I think this is one of your best, and that is saying a bunch!Curt

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!!

Barbara Schram said...

Stunning card, Julie. Perfect colors for this tamped image! Oh, and I want to be vice-president of the cool club! ok? Well, I would settle for treasurer too! lol

Barbara Schram said...

Sorry I got so excited about the cool club, I misspelled "stamped"

retiredheather said...

Oh I do feel special. If only my teens would see me as Cool! Love the card, the colors are simply divine.
Retired Heather

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!!
I love the colors.

Scrapping Donna said...

This is so elegant! I love the technique, the colours..everything!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Julie, this is adorable! I'm sorry I am just stopping by...we've all been sick here. I so love this one and am happy to hear I've made it to the 'cool' club! ;) How cute!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful! I love all the rich colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous, Julie! What a beautiful card!

Debbie Olson said...

Elegant and fabulous, Julie!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the silhouette images - and what an amazing job. It's so sultry and smoky with the red and black - love it!