Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Many Thanks!

Hi all! I got a quick and easy one for you today! The main image in this card is from the new set just released from Flourishes. It's called Spring Ephemerals and it's quickly becoming my favorite set. For those who don't know this about me - I am addicted - yes addicted - to floral stamps. There can never be too many!!

For this card, I used a technique that I think they call ink pad thumping! It's done by just tapping different colors on your image to color it. Because the "greenery" is easy to separate out from the flowers, this technique worked beautifully! I used two shades for the flowers - Garnet and Raspberry Vivid! inks. The leaves were done with Olive and Vintage Vivid! ink pads. I also added some Antique Linen distress ink around the edges with a sponnge. After I was done, I stamped my sentiment "Many Thanks" from the Many Setiments set also by Flourishes, using Versafine Black Onyx, matted it up on black, used my slot punch from Stampin' Up for the ribbon hole and that part was done! Can you see on the distressed red piece on the card that there is a background stamped over my distressed paper? The paper is Basic Grey's Scarlet's Letter. Overtop, using Garnet ink, I stamped the Damask background stamp. I love this subtle look! I strung my sheer black ribbon through the hole, wrapped the excess around the red piece and then matted the whole thing onto an ivory colored card!

This could easily be a 15 minute card! The fun thing is, you could use each flower in the Spring Ephemerals set, add a new sentiment and easily make it a card gift set!! Who wouldn't want that as a nice little "thinking of you" gift!

Hope you are having a fabulous start to your week! Don't forget the fabulous blog candy that Leslie Miller is offering up! Catch you back here tomorrow!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is utterly gorgeous, Julie! I'm such a floral fanatic, too, and this particular stamp has stolen my heart! What a beautiful card!

retiredheather said...

I love the way you colored the stamp. Beautiful card.
Retired Heather

Anonymous said...

Julie,

This is the most beautiful card!! One of my very, very favorite flowers is the Bleeding Heart -- I have one a huge one outside my back-breezeway door where I can sit and enjoy it.
I have loved these since I was a young girl. Thank you for sharing such a memory with such beauty! I echo Leslie Miller's comment about being a floral fanatic and this stamp set has stolen my heart, also! (I am praying for one!)
~Amy Sabol~

Janine said...

Just beautiful Julie!!! Your work is just amazing!!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is a beauty. My grandmother had bleeding hearts hanging in her sun room. They are so beautiful a flower and your card is georgeous.
Pat aka Mom

Michelle Tech said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE bleedingh hearts, too!

NotSoccer Mom said...

this looks so beautiful yet so easy! going to have to try it.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love this, Julie -- but, too funny -- I have this same image, same colors, stamped and set to go -- LOL!!! I LOVE this set and the Scarlet's Letter Paper as well!!! Course, it's a bleeding heart, what can one expect??? LOL!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful as ever!!!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about this set. I love it, too. Your card is beautifully done. Perfect thumping! hehe

Denise Clark said...

Julie, this is just precious!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this card when I check your blog every day?

I ordered this stamp set because I love bleeding hearts, love shadow stamps and love the cards I have seen using this set.

Keep up the beautiful work and keep me inspired. :O)

Jennifer Buck said...

This is so pretty! Love it! :)