Sunday, June 29, 2008

You're Just My Style!

Hi all! H0pe you are all enjoying your weekend! When I laid eyes on these new stamps from Gina K. Designs - I thought funky chic! (The set is called Retro Boutique!)Well, I also thought this stamp set called for a different kind of layout - so I grabbed a plate - yes a plate - and traced around the edge four times to create this curvy box. After I cut the small shape out of the white, I lined it up on my green piece and did this again adding about 1/4" on each side. When I was done, I had this funky layer! The purses were stamped on the white and again on the decorative paper multiple times so each purse could have it's own "look!" I added some silver leafing on the "metal" parts of the purse, added some bling and the sentiment and I was done! I have to admit, the cutting did take some time - but you know me-- love cutting things out!

That reminds me, I had a question a couple of days ago about my Silver Leafing Pen. I use the two way Zig that I got a few years back from Stampin' Up. One side is gold and the other is silver. I love it because it is a fine tip so I can add fun, fine details. If there are any SU demos out there - let me know if you can still buy these through SU!!!

Well, we are off to hike today - mountains here we come! Can't wait to get a whiff of that fresh mountain air!

Enjoy your day!
Post a Comment