Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Christmas in July Sale-- ending soon!

Hi all! Just a note that tomorrow is the last day of the Christmas in July sale over at Flourishes! All of their Christmas sets are discounted. No codes needed, the prices are already adjusted!

Well, to get in the Christmas spirit early, I decided to do an "inspired by" card! I went to an event recently and in the goodie bag was this little tin of mints. I loved the flourish, the silver and black contrast and the pop of another color. Here's a look at the tin....



And, here's a look at the card it inspired! I used the Damask backgrounder from Flourishes. This is my favorite stamp. When you need a quick and elegant background, this stamp is your "go to" stamp! I embossed it with silver embossing powder on black. I also embossed the reindeer as well. This guy is from the Flourished Christmas Set. I added some red satin ribbon, layered up the pieces, added a rhinestone to the nose, colored in the reindeer's eye and added a white "sparkle" in the eye with my Inksentials white pen and I was done! Super duper easy!

Some of the other DT members have a bit of Christmas inspiration on their blogs today too! Check out Faith, Leslie, Susan, Sharon D. and Linda!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Post a Comment