You want to start with a piece of acetate and some Staz On ink. I usually stamp multiple images and store them for later use!
Once I cut out one of my images, I wanted to paint on the white spots on the wing. The best way is just to use a fine tip brush and some white acrylic paint. Here is what it looks like from behind.
And, here is what it looks like from the front! See those spots pop?
Then, I brush on some Duo glue. This glue is fun. You can brush is on and it dries tacky! So, it's perfect for this technique! Some of you might wonder why I didn't just put it through a Xyron. Well, I wasn't sure that the white dots would stay that way and I was worried to try. So, if you are brave and want to try using a Xyron instead-- let me know how it turns out! You can see in the photo below that the bottom of the butterfly is drying clear while the top is still milky colored. The glue isn't ready until it's completely clear!
When your glue is ready, take a soft brush and brush on the outer part of the butterfly. I decided to color it blue (Dutch Iris Polished Pigments). Here's what it looks like. It looks kind of messy. But, don't worry! You are cutting this image out, so it can be messy! No worries!
Now, brush the color out of your brush and color the second part of the wing with the deep purple (Royal Orchid Polished Pigments). The center part of the butterfly was colored with Pure Mica in the Scarab Beetle color. Here's how that looks finished from the back after I cut it out. Notice I didn't cut out the antanae? There's a trick for that... so stay tuned!
This is what your butterfly looks like from the front!
Now for the "trick!" I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die to cut out a shape in deep a deep blue-purple. I wanted to pick up on the colors in my butterfly. I used the Damask background and stamped on this using a light blue ink. Versamark would also work! Then, I stamped my butterfly on this piece using black ink--- that's where the antanae come into play!
Since your image was fully colored on the back, you can actually use double stick tape to layer up your mica butterly onto your main image! It won't show one bit!! I matted my circle onto a scalloped circle. Then, on the main mat, I used Versamark Ink to stamp some of the other butterflies in the set. Add some of the new self adhesive pearls (in the Flourishes store), stamp your saying at the bottom and add some ribbon and you're done! Hope you try this technique! It's so fun and the shimmer it delivers is like no other!
Don't forget to see what Leslie, Linda, Faith, Sharon, and Susan cooked up for this release. Remember, Susan is announcing her blog candy winner! So, you have to check that out! And, of course, you can find all the new releases at Flourishes!!
I'll have more creations with the stamps from this release coming up tomorrow and Friday!