Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Christmas In July!

What a better time to get ready for holiday stamping than when you have all the time in the world and it's 90 degrees out! I actually try to stamp most of my cards in the summer. When school hits - life becomes chaotic and it only gets harder to find the time to stamp cards for Christmas. Do you KWIM?

The good news--- I have the details on a great sale! Flourishes is celebrating Christmas in July! What does that mean for you-- 15% off all Christmas sets -- no codes needed! The sale price will automatically ring up when you place your order! The sale will run from Wed the 23rd through Wed the 31st.

To give you a little inspiration, the Flourishes DT all made Christmas cards to get those creative juices flowing. Mine is super duper easy! I used the set Rejoice.

I simply stamped the angel on a piece of steel blue card stock using Versamark ink. Then, using a soft brush, I brushed on some Pure Mica pearl powder. I love the sheen it gives - especially when the light hits it! You can barely see it, but this set comes with a square that has stars in it. I stamped that all over my base card using Denim blue Adirondack ink. The sentiment, "Alleluia," is also stamped in Denim ink. I matted my angel piece on silver cardstock. Add some Steele blue sheer ribbon and a smidge of silver embroidery thread and that's it! This is a super easy one to mass produce if you wanted to! I think it's going to be my card for 2008!

Here's a close up of the angel so you can see the shimmer! TIP: After you brush on the mica powder, take a Swiffer dry cloth or duster and rub it over your image. This "burnishes" the powder into the Versamark ink and gets rid of the extra powder. Keep in mind - you WILL be covered in sparkle regardless!! LOL!

For more Christmas card ideas, check out:

Leslie, Linda, Faith, and Sharon

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!


p.s. PC Gallery Idol contest ends Thursday at noon! If you haven't voted -- I'd love your vote!
Click HERE to vote for my card (I'm Out To Impress). Click HERE to see the gallery. Hope you like the card I made!

Post a Comment