Friday, July 18, 2008

Stamp Simply 44-- Purple and Flowers

Hi All! Gosh, where did this week go? Seriously? Can it be the weekend already? Not that I am complaining - don't get me wrong. It just felt like this week whipped by at lightning speed!

With each and every Friday comes a brand new Stamp Simply challenge courtesy of the lovely Sharon Johnson! This week, the challenge is purple and flowers. BUT, your flowers don't have to be purple - you just have to have the color purple on your card with flowers! You can check out the details at Sharon's blog-- HERE! She is actually lucky enough to be at CHA right now - but she's still on top of it all!
My card is actually a card you could make in 10- minutes if you had to. All I did was cut out some 1-1/2" squares and then layered them onto squares I cut out with my scalloped square Nestabilities die (the one that is slightly smaller than a 2" square). I inked up the checkered lily from the Spring Ephemerals set from Flourishes and made sure to get different parts of the flower on each square. I used Sweet Plum and Bamboo Leaves Momento inks and I added some darker green accents with a dark green Tombow marker on the leaves. The paper is Basic Grey Euphoria and the ribbon is a lavender sheer. The saying, "smile," is from the Floral Fantasy set - also from Flourishes! After I matted all the pieces, I added some small self adhesive pearls just to give it a little more pop! This card base is actually from a set I bought from Hero Arts - the card measures 6 by 3 and comes with envelopes that remind me of the kind you get at the bank with the side flap. It's a pretty fun size to work with !

If you want more inspiration - check out what some of the other gals from the Stamp Simply team did! Dee bowed out this week because that lucky duck is at CHA!

Janine
Jennifer
Tammy

Have a fabulous weekend! Stop by again soon!




Post a Comment