Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Stamping!

Hi all! Well, mom is here and we are already having fun! We started off her trip right off the bat with a stamping excursion! My SU lady (Miss Sheila) was nice enough to hold a private class for us making this card set!

Here's a look at the portfolio.....

And here were the cards that we made that are actually stuffed in cello bags on the inside! Five adorable cards using some really cool background paper and those fun new felt snowflakes! We also used the buid-a-brad set to make the fun coordinating brads. There is very little stamping! We used Versamark ink to make the snowflake backgrounds on the card and the sayings are all rub-ons! Isn't that the coolest thing? Super easy peasy! Here's a close up of the uber cool felt flakes!

Well, sorry this is so short. My mom is on her second glass of wine and I tell ya, watching her is cheap entertainment! HA!

Take care!

16 comments:

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set of cards. That must have been fun having your own private session with your mom. How nice of your SU friend!

Lovely gd Cee said...

love these, ya both!
love the colors and the designs.
thanks again for helping me out, Julie.
i haven't posted anything yet: cause i'm still waiting for something.
kindly show my blog entry to the Little Dude, she's the star in there:)

Jamie Martin said...

Sounds like you and your mom are having a great time! Love the stuff you made, I wished my mom stamped :)

Diane said...

I'm sure you ladies had loads of fun! How come I wasn't invited,lol!
Such beautiful cards you made!!!
You are too funny Julie,cheap entertainment,did your mom read this post???? Have fun ladies and enjoy your time together!!!

Janine said...

Hi Julie and Pat!! Pat you should like you are having a blast already... Great cards you both got to make!! I want to be there too!!!
Hope you have a great day today.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous cards!

Shirley said...

Love the whole set and love your mom. Tell her to have one for me....a sip that is. LOLOL You both have a great time.

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, your cards are great and I am so glad you are having fun with your Mom! How wonderful it is that she loves to stamp too!

Joan

Elena said...

Glad you are having a good time with your Mom! Gorgeous cards! Love the felt snowflake!

Curt in Indy said...

OMG! I was drinking coffee when I read that last line about your Mom, and litterally spit the coffee out because it made me laugh right out loud! The card set is great, but the laugh was so unexpected! Love you guys! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

She probably needs the wine because you've got her stamping Christmas stuff. No matter how pretty it is, it's still too early in my book. Glad you're enjoying her visit, but may need to pop over and see what the Rubber Maid has to say about it all after she gets back to the mitten.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! I love every bit of them!

Mescrap said...

It's such a great fun to make card with mom.

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful set of cards,Julie. I'm so glad you are having fun with your Mom.
Take care
Karen

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

What a great stamp a stack. How nice of your demo to hold a private class for you and your mom.
Have fun with your mom I am sure time will fly by so enjoy every minute of here visit. Happy stamping.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, Juie! I LOVE all these cards with the felt flurries and will be CASING them for sure! I just got mine and can't wait to open the package and get busy with them! :O)