Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cute Card Set!

Ok folks..... another quickie for you this mornin'! Thanks for all your comments about shopping and as my bud Janine put it -- gettin' er done! Because - I did! I just have to shop for my MIL! No worries there. I'll finish up tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide if I am going to pull out the baking pans and actually bake this year. Christmas cards? I think there's still time for that too! HHHHhhhhm. Maybe I should start all this earlier next year! Whadda ya think?

I cracked up at part of my shopping experience because my FIL - the only thing on his list was -a Snuggie - you know - the blanket with arms - and a grapefruit spoon. Really? Are you kidding me? Sadly, he was not. What is a girl to do with that? LOL! Only Christmas day will answer that question!! Wanna take any guesses????

Ok, now for the quick creation to share! It's another O2M, N2U! I made this cute set a couple months ago at a class with my SU demo, Sheila Barthel. She used the little envelope die (SU makes it for the Big Shot) to make four envelopes and then... you glue the four envies together to make this adorable card box!
And, here are the cards - they are 3 by 3" with the SU envies to go with them and they all fit nicely in the box! Cute, huh? I thought so! I love these stamps but I think I am going to try another set with THESE stamps! I have them and love them! So, I'll hold onto that idea for a rainy day!

Well folks, hope all is well in your corner of the world! I'll be back later on with Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge! It's one (I promise) that EVERYONE can play along with!

Until then!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful set Julie, love it. If it weren't so close to Christmas I might try doing this with a Christmas theme!

Elena said...

Very cute and beautiful set! I think it will look great with Gina K. stamps great too!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is really a cute idea, I'll have to try that . Those SU ladies sure come up with some neat ideas.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! Julie, thanks! Friend just received her Big Shot; her idea bin was empty. She's being referred to your blog for visual and creative stimulation. Thanks, very clever idea. Keep Looking Up!

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. That box is neat-o. Glad your shopping went well and you've got time for lots of stuff yet. It's a whole week til Christmas. Good Luck and keep showing us the O2M, N2U stuff - it's great!

Heather said...

Very nice, Julie. I still have a couple of gifts to make for girlfriends, I think this might be one of them.
Thanks

Stacy Morgan said...

wonderful little box Julie. I need to make one of these.

Janine said...

Julie I am so glad you GOT ER DONE!!! Me I am almost done too.
Just a few little things, and groceries next week.
Great little card set too.

WhimsicalThoughts said...

What a beautiful set, I'll have to try it. Happy Holidays!

Elizabeth said...

Julie these cards are great! I have to make a bunch of thank you cards for some of my professors so I may just copy these.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a neat box you made, and those cards are so cute. Great idea! I have that die so will have to study this one and give it a try. Glad your shopping was a success. :)

Anonymous said...

How adorable. I love all of your ideas. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Big hugs

ChristineCreations said...

Oh that IS cute Julie! It's nice to see something non-traditional color wise right now. Cute little box too!

Barbara Schram said...

Super cute idea! Your take on it is terrific! THANK YOU for the gorgeous Christmas card! I am blessed and it will be treasured!

Cheryl said...

That box is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

very pretty. I love the ds paper that you used with the box and cards.

Hope all is going well. Sorry I haven't visited in a while.

Merry Christmas!

Lovely gd Cee said...

haven't been here in awhile now so thought i'd stop and i'm glad i did! oh Julie...... i love that box! i do i do! it's so cute:)

psssst.... would you like to email me your home address? i want to mail ya something. quit that...! don't start whining.

Unknown said...

Julie, these ROCK! I love them! I may have to whip some of these up :D

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

VERY cute card set!!!

LeAnne said...

Love these AND your quick card--the music and the berries & vine go together so nicely!
LeAnne

Shirley said...

Isn't it amazing how beutiful your cards are regarless of how fast you turn them out!! The sign of a true artist! What a pretty gift!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Those are GORGEOUS! The box is amazing too!!!!!