Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Flourishes New Releases!!! Day One!

The new stamps from Flourishes are hot off the presses and boy are they beautiful! My "go to" stamp set today was the set called Lace and Trims. It is a realistic looking stamped image of beautiful vintage lace that was actually created from an heirloom piece handed down in Jan Marie Caruso's family (one of the owners of Flourishes LLC.)

I couldn't wait to open up this set and see just how it stamped! Believe me, it did not disappoint!

Basically, there are two stamps on this card! The lace, which was stamped in a light tan ink (Fawn, CTMH) and then cut out around each edge. The saying is from the new I Love Roses set. I thought this lace background and a sentiment was really all this card needed! Add some pretty decorative paper, a punched edge, some self adhesive pearls and some pretty satin ribbon and you are pretty much done! The saying was stamped on a layered tag cut out with the help of a Sizzix tag die.

Here's a close up of the lace! I did use a craft knife to cut the inside part of the lace out. And, here's a fun tip for you! If you cut this out entirely and then put the lace piece face down on a piece of craft foam, you can round the edges and make the lace look even more realistic by running a large ball stylus over every edge. The stylus will push your paper down into the craft foam and it will, in essence, emboss the edges! Do you see what I mean?

Want to see the entire set? I am in love with it! I just think it's a classy way to add some pizazz to either your card or even as a background stamp!
I can't wait to see what the other design team members cooked up! Be sure to check out these blogs to see!

Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Jan Marie Caruso
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Sharon Doolittle
Betty Wright
Christine Okken
Cindy Haffner


Before I let you go, there are still sale items over at the Flourishes store and there is a new release bundle! If you buy all three - you get 10% off! Maybe you can drop a hint for some Christmas gifts!! LOL!

Remember, if something you see inspires you when you hit the Flourishes store, please use my promotional code - juliek when you check out! Thanks so much! I'll be back tomorrow with another look at some of the new releases! See you then!

20 comments:

Penny said...

That is very beautiful indeed Julie, I just love the way you have cut out the inside too. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Detail work showcases your creative skill in delicate lace beauty. What an heirloom card for a most special person! Displayed by a most special person! Tremendous.

Cindy Haffner said...

So very lovely and beautiful.

Janine said...

Fabulous card Julie!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

geous Julie! Love the way you used the lace...it looks fabulous cut out!

Betty Wright said...

Julie, this is wonderful. The colors and layout really lend themselves to a very graceful piece. Love all you intricate cutting detail, too!!!! Great card!!!!

StampinCathy said...

Julie this is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

Oohing and Ahhing over your lace beauty. It makes all the difference that you cut it out and did the embossing thing, too. You are once again tempting me with new stamps that I don't NEED. I still want some Just Rites, too, but I'm being a good girl. If only I could have this willpower about chocolate...

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie Nancy showed us this last night and its very elegant and soft. I love what you did with this!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my WORD Julie! That just looks stunning! Just like real lace, I had a feeling it would stamp gorgeously with this beautiful detail. Beautiful way to showcase it!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous! Look at that intricate cutting! What beautiful work and a beautiful set. A real "must have", I think, especially as a companion for those gorgeous roses released today, too. Oh, my goodness, SOLD!

Dianette Seda said...

You do impress me every day with your talent and I'm looking forward to more Flourishes releases!

I loved your kit of cards with the container. I've done a container but not matching cards yet. I think I need to hurry to do that!

Thanks too for keeping up with the stamp simply celebration! I've been learning quite a lot from my sisters participating in it and had been seeing some of the links too.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Julie - this is a fabulous take on this beautiful Set!!! Makes a wonderful Anniversary or Wedding card!!!

Sewflake said...

The way you have stamped the lace makes it look soooo real, heirloom quality for sure. So delicate looking.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julie, I can't get over how real that lace looks!! Great choice of color, it looks like vintage lace, so delicate and pretty!

Diane said...

Another beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, this is so delicate and gorgeous!! The lace is magnificent stamp and so is your card Julie!
--Becca

Anonymous said...

This is one beautiful set, so much dimension in the lace, it's fabulous! You've designed a gorgeous card with it!

Anonymous said...

i totally thought you were using muted fabric. you smart duck!... you got me: it was just the stamp. and you cut it out too? so detail dude:)

see ya for a coffee still maybe? if you have a spare time:)

lovely.