Monday, December 22, 2008

I'll be so blue!

Don't be so blue! :-) I decided to join the Friends of Flourishes team this week for their Festive Flourishes Friday challenge. It's week three and the challenge is just as it sounds.... "You'll be doing alright with your Christmas of white but I'll have a blue, blue Christmas!" You're supposed to grab your favorite Flourishes stamp set and dress it up with a dose of blue! You can click HERE to see the official details and some of the other creations! Hope you can play! There are free stamps on the line!

Here's my offering......
I love the bird in flight that is a part of the Bird and Vine set. I chose to make mine a dove - embossed it with white detail powder and kept it simple with some decorative paper (Stampin' Up), pretty ribbon and pearls! The sentiment is from the Holiday Greetings set! The scalloped circle and circle punches are SU and the edge punch is the Threaded Water punch from Fiskars. The ink I used for my saying was Storm Vivid!


Well, my friends, I hope you are enjoying this time of year! I am! I am going to try to savor it before it's over and I hope you do too!

Until tomorrow!

16 comments:

Kim said...

Julie, this is so elegant and beautiful, thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!!!
:)
Kim

Janine said...

Hi Julie... Just a lovely card... I am having a great time with the boys and today we are shovelling out from snow and getting our tree...

Nat said...

Hi, luv ya blog, please come check out what I have left for you on mine
http://nat9248.blogspot.com/
hope to catch up soon, Luv Nat xx

Dianette Seda said...

I won some candy from flourishes and got another stamp set that I love and just this Saturday I sent an order for three more stamps! I was SO INSPIRED by the lemonade card you did a few weeks back that I just needed to send an order for my own gift for me! I love what you did with this card too!

I wanted to let you know too that I changed my blog address and starting 2009 I will no longer use the blogger one. There is a link ther tho, so you can still know where I am. My new address is http://dianets7.wordpress.com

Your SBS-5 sister-Jany

Becky said...

How gorgeous this is, love the colors and the pearls add such elegance.

Anonymous said...

Oh, is this pretty! Love that dove and all those pearls and the ribbon. It looks frosty and blue ~ kinda like my toes...

Debbie Olson said...

This is So gorgeous, Julie--I love how the bird extends past the circle, a perfect touch!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Julie, this is lovely. What a clever idea to use the bird, and the pearls add such an elegant touch. Very pretty "blue Christmas."

Scrapping Donna said...

Julie, this is very beautiful! I love how soft the blue looks.

I love my flourishes stamps. They are wonderful.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Elena said...

So elegant and gentle! Love the bird so much!

Anonymous said...

Was that the lovely dove making a reassuring pass above our vehicle in blowing snow while Mr. Bald Eagle sat atop an electric pole just trying to keep his balance?!! That's one comforting sight to open a blog to peace and joy! Thank, Julie! What a good night to check in on your most calming entry! We're home, warm, thankful for a safe journey and delighted to hear from the Belgrade gang safely arriving home, too. Your blue dove accented work of art has such artfully calming touches, a most welcome gift to receive any time.
Blessings.

The Rubber Maid said...

Very pretty card and I love blue for a Christmas card. I'll have to try the Flourishes challenge. Mom

Penny said...

It's so elegant, I do love the pretty bird embossed in white!

Karen W said...

Love it!! So pretty and elegant! I love Flourish stamps, those have become my favorites lately because they are all so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! Merry Christmas

Shirley said...

Julie, this is a work of art! How elegant! Love it to pieces!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours and a very Happy, Healthy New Year!!!