Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just a quick post this morn!

Nearly a week until Christmas folks! Is everyone ready? Please don't ask me that question. I'm having mini freak out moments pretty regularly!


That's why I am bringing you this O2M, N2U creation! (old to me, new to you). I made this forever ago but never posted it! Since it includes a cool technique, I thought no time like the present!


I stamped this solid floral image on black with a glue pad (stamp is Posh Impressions), heat set it and then pressed on gold leaf flakes. I used a plastic scrubby to lightly burnish it and remove the excess. Mat it up, create a background with copper Brilliance ink, add a metal embellishment and.... DONE! It's a super duper easy card but the technique - I thought - was worth passing along if you've never tried it before!

Well, off to beddy bye for me! I HAVE to go shopping in the morning if it kills me! I have never been this behind before in my life! Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Julie. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone - I'm having to take this week off from work just to get my gifts and cards finished....I feel your pain! Good luck!

Janine said...

Hey sweetie!! Lovely card!! Good luck shopping today!! Just get er done!!!

retiredheather said...

Great card. Thanks for the technique info. Must try that one soon.
Happy Holidays
Heather

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a lovely card and a great technique. I'll have to try that when things settle down. (They will settle down, won't they?) You're not alone with the freaking out. I'll pray that your shopping goes well. You'll know doubt feel relieved once you're done.
Thanks for sharing your creation - it's really pretty.

The Rubber Maid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rubber Maid said...

Get your butt out there and shop
especially if it's for me. Mom
Lovely card DD.

Anonymous said...

Did you slug down an extra cup this mornin so the retail clerks can deal with you? I hope Cal doesn't get a Christmas like I got one year when Mom was forced to shop for me all in one day ~ everything was pink... Really great card, most clever stamping goddess.

Elena said...

Very interesting technique and very beautiful card! Thank you for sharing!

Diane said...

Hope you get plenty of rest for your shopping tomorrow and your card is sooooo lovely as always!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Glad you shared this! It is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I wish I had cards like this stashed away!! Awesome card and I love that technique too!
--Becca