Thursday, December 11, 2008

More from Flourishes and.... a Stamp Simply Challenge!

Goodness gracious! When I saw the I Love Roses set from Flourishes -- I gasped! Never before have I seen such a beautiful rose set with such versatility! The sentiments are in a drop dead gorgeous font and you get not only a small rose but a large stemmed rose AND all the pieces to create wonderful layers on your rose card-- buds and extra leaves!

So, today, I show you my creation with a Stamp Simply twist! Sharon's challenge today -- ssnotime65 on SCS-- is all about just a smidge of decorative paper - 2 inches to be exact! You can use dp - BUT only 2". It can be a strip. It can be a square, but the smallest side cannot be larger than just two inches! Click HERE for the official details!

So, here you have it!

I used my 2" decorative piece of paper to line the bottom of my card! It's a subtle pattern from Stampin' Up. Add a border of lace and a stamped border of Lace and Trims and you have a vintage looking rose with a lovely blossom. I stamped the rose on watercolor paper, masked it and then stamped the "How Do I Love Thee" sentiment in the background. It is the saying from the Lace Heart set also from Flourishes. I colored the rose using Vivid re-inkers in red and garnet. The leaves were done with an Olive Vivid re-inker. I also cut out the flower and leaf from the rose and layered it over top my main image using silicone glue. This glue rocks for layering because unlike foam tape, you can make your glued piece uneven or unlevel so that the leaf can attach at the base and angle up- just like a real leaf! After that, sponge some ink around the edges and mat it on some metallic gold paper and bam... done! I used a Cuttlebug die to create my tag!

Here's a look at the complete set! Beautiful - eh????


Bear with me,I have a long link list -- but man, oh man, is it worth making the rounds! To see more of what the DT cooked up for the latest Flourish release, visit...

Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Betty Wright
Christine Okken
Cindy Haffner

To check in on the Stamp Simply Crew and see what they cooked up for the 2" dp challenge.... visit these ladies!
Janine
Jennifer,
Tammy,
Dee,
Becky,
AJ,
Jerri, Darlene
LeAnne.



Thanks so much for stopping by! After all this,I am SURE you will have plenty of inspiration for all your crafty weekend endeavors! Take care and see you back here soon!



32 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Julie! You are such an enabler......I might have to get this stamp set!

Amy said...

This is a stunning card Julie! Wow, you really took it to the next level girlfriend!

Janine said...

Julie this is just lovely!!!

Darlene said...

So pretty Julie!! Your layout really brings focus to that gorgeous rose! Awesome job!!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous--this set is a wower!
LeAnne

Jennifer Buck said...

Beauti-MOUS! LOVE this one, Julie! So pretty! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

retiredheather said...

Lovely card and I agree, a great stamp set.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous Julie, so love this new Flourishes set and can't wait to get it ordered!

Cindy Haffner said...

Julie, this is gorgeous. Happy Holidays.

Elena said...

This card is beautiful Julie! I love the background you created! And the lace looks so nice here! Rose coloring is gorgeous!

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow that is a beautiful card. Very elegant and it's a card that could be made for any occasion. Gorgeous!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Julie!! I love the sentiment stamped as a background on the main image!! Your Rose is to die for!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just beautiful, Julie! Love that lacey trim!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very beautiful rose, Julie and gorgeous card!

Curt in Indy said...

Such a beautiful, elegant card, Julie! Your coloring is awesome as usual! Best, Curt

Dawnie said...

Julie, I saw that card on the Flourishes website and fell in love with it! It's just gorgeous!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Love this set and your card is so pretty :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! I really love this new Set!!! The 3D effect, the colors and BG on the rose is beautiful!!!!

Latisha said...

this is just so beautiful Julie, I love how you stamped the sentiments behind the rose, so stunning!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Your cards always amaze me! The perfection and detail is astonishing!!!!!!!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Julie...how you've used the words is amazing! The Rose is just gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

Okay what can I say that the others haven't. LOL Beautiful card Julie. I love the script background to the lace and ofcourse this gorgeous rose. Fantastic card.

Denise said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is stunning! :)

Cheryl said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! And the set is beautiful too:)

Anonymous said...

I love this gorgeous, beautifully drawn rose set, and your card is just outstanding, Julie! I need this set (whimper)...

Mescrap said...

Ooh boy !! THis is so much beautiful !

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So beautiful and the designer paper you chose is so romantic! Wonderful Valentine's card!

Anonymous said...

Wow....absolutely gorgeous rose challenge card. You are right about this drop dead rose set. TFS

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous rose for a gianormous storm day. Warmth from that most fine rose will generate heat and romance from afar! Superb coloring, Julie.
Keep Looking Up!

CreativeMish said...

what a pretty stamp set! Your rose is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beatifully stunning card, Julie!! --Becca

Anonymous said...

Your card is simply breathtaking!! What a beautiful job of coloring!